RusstyT Pinball Cabinet with easy access 7:1 Sound Adjustment

RusstyT

With this design access  to the 3 amplifier sound controls makes cabinet startup and new game setup easier without getting your ears blasted off. It's an extremely flexible system to use for people who are picky about sound balance when playing games. Heavy bass games like the Flinstones can be trimmed and balanced on the outboard speaker controls. The 2 amplifiers for the front and back flat panel table speakers, are mounted on the backglass door. Easy access to these was handy when initially setting up the cabinet. These are set and forget so I suppose mounting them inside the cab would not be such a big deal. I don't find the outboard speakers obtrusive as the side wings, speakers and cabling are black and my eyes  drawn to the backglass.  As pointed out by topper2k i also use PinVol to adjust the individual game volumes. I have permanent keyboard access to the machine so its quite easy to set game start volumes. F5 increase Volume and F4 decrease volume.

The documents attached follows the Pinball cabinet build from start to finish. There is a full component listing, picture of the build and the reasons why built the way I did. Also attached are my as built drawings. 

627986706_ShovelKnight_RusstyTgraphics.thumb.jpg.5f6c2efeea78823b1e2201a7d9646bec.jpg

518872138_Backglassamolifiermount.thumb.jpg.bc660c7dd8b58c28e3e77f163c41f2b5.jpg

BackglassTopView.thumb.JPG.14a660fda82e038c63c7e21003d0ebe2.JPG

RusstyT VirtualPinAsBuiltDrawings.pdf

RussT Virtual PinballMachine Buildv2.pdf RusstyT VirtualPinAsBuiltDrawings.pdf

• RusstyT changed the title to RusstyT Pinball Cabinet with easy access 7:1 Sound Adjustment
7 hours ago, topper2k said:

Cool hardware solution! If you're looking for a software one, check out PinVol.

Thanks topper2k, PinVol is such a handy volume level control software. I appreciate that you took the time to let me know its available. I like how it stores the preferred volume level that is set for individual games and I use this in conjunction with my amplifier controls. I find with my setup thatI can analyse table authors sound setups very quickly by turning the backglass volume up or down and check how table sounds are allocated . Theatre of Magic had sounds allocated to the backglass so I toggled the mechanical sounds to the playfield and put all those incredible audio effects in the right place. I found that with that game, that the scripted mechanical sound volume set to 0.5 works well on my machine. That game is incredible. If I need a quick silence I just turn down the backglass volume. I really like how you share your builds and create discussions. I'll modify my post to include the PinVol sound control.

cheers Mate