Complete Pin2DMD & Serum Colour File List for Virtual & Real Pins

Hello, forgive my ignorance, I recently purchased a pin2dmd for my cabinet and I read a lot about colorization in real or vpin, I understand that what I have to do is put the vpin ones in the corresponding altcolor folder and that the real dmd are to put in sd in real pinball, I don't know if I'm right. Can you confirm it for me?

• Content Provider
16 hours ago, legolas24 said:

Hello, forgive my ignorance, I recently purchased a pin2dmd for my cabinet and I read a lot about colorization in real or vpin, I understand that what I have to do is put the vpin ones in the corresponding altcolor folder and that the real dmd are to put in sd in real pinball, I don't know if I'm right. Can you confirm it for me?

Yes but the real pin colour file is a different format to vpin so you will need the correct real pin files.

MAJ de la rom couleur QUI Dunnit Version FR !

V9.65 (choix de la palette couleur pour les partitions)

V9.66 (Choix de la couleur des Scores avec le nombre de crédits

Mise à jour de la rom couleur WHO Dunnit Version FR !

V9.65 (choix de la palette de couleurs pour les partitions)

V9.66 (Choix de la couleur des Partitions avec le nombre de crédits

Edited by doraj90

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 10:42 PM, rafair said:

I wait a Pin2DMD delivery next week.

After new display install and configuration, I will start a colourization from SEGA Star Wars Trilogy.

Heavy duty ahead...

WOW hope to see it on "May the 4th" but i only can  dream. 😉

Great someone is working on my fav Sega Table. 

Hope to see some progress someday  . 👌

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
12 hours ago, Tinkertilter said:

has tron been made for Pin2dmd, contemplating keeping one of the screens I just made for a possible Tron I have coming in but I am not sure the colour files exist 

I don’t believe so. If you want to help contribute you can dump TRON when you get it.

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, Tinkertilter said:

ok I am not sure how to do that but would certainly look into it if I do get one. Thank you

No problem. Happy to help you get it set up if you do end up getting it. It's very easy with a real pin, just connect a USB cable to your PC from the pin, launch the Pin2dmd tool to dump and play your game.

Thanks

• Content Provider

Hi guys,

I am aware the list is a little broken right now. I will be working on updating everything this week.

Authors please contact me for any changes you would like made. 

Everyone else, if something is missing it may come back, it may not. This is just a list of what is available and it changes from time to time.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2021 at 1:41 PM, Terranigma said:

Star Trek Pro - Author: @sharkky - Vpin Download -  Real Pin (Not enough memory to patch whole game)

OK let's see how wrong I am before I do this.

I just purchased a Star Trek Pro that has Pin2DMD installed. It appears as though he installed just one color and either gave up or saved it for later and never got back to it. This is my very first Pin2DMD experience.

I saw several videos on youtube with colorized Star Trek images. It looks great.

How can I do the same on my machine? I looked for downloads everywhere and found nothing.

OK wow.

No offense, but if I cannot simply download and upload the files, then it's too far beyond my ability. I downloaded the browser-pinball thing, went to the Repository, found the Star Trek file and all that. I then read the instructions on how to upload it or whatever and I cannot figure all that out.

If anyone like me is reading this and you have to decipher things you read, then you're already out of your league lol. I'm going to try to remove it and sell it.

Cool gizmo, very customizable, but not for me. Unless someone is willing to take $100 or some sort of payment to help me out, because I can't do this alone.

After a bit of research and feeling like an idiot, I gave it a shot.

I took out the SD card from the already installed Pin2DMD and replaced the .pal file that was on it with the .pal file from the sharkky download.

I went from 1 color to about 3 or 4, all yellow/tan with some faint greens.

It's better than it was. What else can I do to create more colors? I'm new to this whole thing. I bought the pin with the Pin2DMD already installed.  I seem to have the necessary files at my disposal (.key and .dat?) and I assumed the swapping out of the .pal file was all I needed to do to create all the colors that I've seen in the youtube videos.

How close am I?

youtube: 

Edited by ThePinballCo-op

• 3 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
17 hours ago, Tinkertilter said:

this list is not up to date.
Is there a better site or list to get access to paid or free pin2dmd files.

?

I am looking for 

Tales of the Crypt

NBA fastbreak

No Fear

Corvette

Circus Voltaire

Shadow

As stated, the list is being updated. Most things that have been removed have been due to authors requests or if they have posted certain things such as they will not be giving out the real files anymore. Others are being updated.

Tales of the Crypt - You can find the thread in the link and ask the author - This is up to date

NBA fastbreak - As stated still in beta. No release available. It will be soon when the author is finished - This is up to date

No Fear - It has been dumped but no release for any version exists.- This is up to date

Corvette - Still in beta, you can check the link and also ask the author but no release as he has stated.- This is up to date

Circus Voltaire - Check the thread link and ask the author- This is up to date

Shadow - Beta exists and is available right now. Check the thread link and ask the author. A new version is being done but it isn't finished, I am yet to hear back from the author so I am waiting until I do to update. - This is up to date

• Content Provider

I have now finished another major update to the list.

- Download links fixed and missing links added back. If something is still missing it is most likely due to the authors request.

- Status updates for many files.

- Added abandoned project wording to make it clearer to see what is still being updated.

If you're an author and need something changed, please contact me. Everyone else, if something doesn't look right please let me know. If real pin files are still missing or there is no mention, this is most likely due to the authors request and not a mistake. There may still be some errors, so please let me know and I will look into it. Please see below for an extended explanation for certain files/authors.

X3r2A6 - Most of these files were created using Vpin sources. The author has provided the project source so that others may complete them for real pin. A real pin version does exist, however this may have glitches/missing frames or content.

cb3 - He is working on his new business and hasn't got much free time for his files. There may also be an extended wait for a reply. His files were mainly based on Vpin sources as well so there are glitches/missing frames and content. Malenko is however working on his version of X-Men.

Newbie77 - He has pulled all his files/links.

Hazardous - He has pulled all his files/links.

NetzZwerg - I am awaiting a reply in regards to his content.

MydknyteStyrm - He has posted publicly about his real pin files. You can find this yourself, so unless stated otherwise, his game lists are up to date.

Sharkky - He has not replied to any messages and has removed some files on other forums quite some time ago. You can check out the PB section in regards to this.

Slippifishi - He has removed some Vpin files, I am not sure if this is temporary.

Most of these projects (besides NetzZwerg & MydknyteStyrm) were all 16 colours, so hopefully the updated list makes it easier to see what games still need doing and where we are at with everything.

• 4 weeks later...

I see some games that were done, now abandoned. Maybe the creators just quit pinball, or maybe they passed to another life...

which leads me to think, maybe there is an alternative to this? Think of it, of automating the delivery of files after payment so your work continues to get re-distribute when you die or when you abandon the hobby :) I know this might sound a bit harsh for some, but the reality of the matter is that you have invested so many hours on something, and now, it is 'abandoned'.
It could be set up in a way that it continues to benefit others: friends and family, or simply donated to a charity of some kind, or anything. Anything is better than it being abandoned.

This is otherwise a lot of wasted effort, wasted time and it will most likely lead to more projects being in the abandoned list.

• Content Provider

There is a new editor and firmware out which introduces firmware locking. This will become more common for certain colour files in the future and it will mean that new colour files with this lock will display an error if you do not have the minimum firmware required for that file. For example: If a colour file requires FW 4.42 and you have FW 4.41 or below, it will give an error. If you have FW 4.42 or above it will work correctly. If you see an error and you have obtained the files from the creator legitimately, please update to the latest firmware.

All previous colour files that do not have a version specified will continue to work with the new firmware. If you suspect your files were not obtained legitimately please contact me. You can find all files with links listed on page 1 which are free to download for everyone.