My vPin journey.

clownnut

No, not really. Good players might feel it, but, well since you where using arcade, then I don't think you really "notice" the difference. Except of course, that double switches can be used for what I told you. There is also one thing though. Most of the tables where this is possible to do, needs code update in order to work I think there is only a handful of tables where this has been implemented on and that is for the simple reason that almost everyone is actually using single ones.

Now, get that proper tilt bob, you said you had one and was a little bit wage on it. Doesn't cost must, take a bit of tweaking to get just right, but, in the end, it makes those games much more fun. And an added benefit. If you have friends over, and you're on the bottle, they are not going to shake that machine to bits ;)

Thal got me to swap out my arcade buttons for leafs and to also install a real tilt bob.  Amazing how little things like that can make a big difference.  Highly recommended.  

Very cool looking build!

i got a small tilt bob, i make sure it's center and it works if i nudge too much in vpx.  i am still learning how to nudge during the game play, right now i mostly to use the save the ball from out lane, about 1 in 10(ok maybe 1 in 20) i can save it. lol i guess more practice is needed.

20210312_223707.jpg

Yes. That bob seems ok to me, place it somewhere in the first 1/3 of the cab length wall from the flippers. Also, look in scripts folder. Make the script that is named NudgePlugIn_mjrAccelAndTilt.vbs - by copying or renaming to become NudgePlugIn.vbs

Only then will the tilt bob work with more than one warning. Getting the nudging just right without the tilt bob is really hard. Especially if you have a digital unit only, trying to adjust the nudge sensitivity at the same time as you adjust the tilt by the same unit. if you let only the digital unit register the shake, and let the physical analogue bob do the tilt, then you have a much better chance at getting it right. I'm still improving on this part. I've compiled VPX in a few versions where I've change some hard coded values for the nudge filter and I believe I'm getting closer to something for my hardware. At one time, I might ask some dev on how I could get that into the regular vpx.

4 hours ago, clownnut said:

are they all the same? paradise arcade is local to me they carry rollie leaf switch.

The rollie leafswitch from Paradise Arcade would do the trick to turn your button into a leafswitch button.

If you are tight on space- Ultimarc has these. I use the RGB variant in my cabinet and these feel very good. The other buttons (start, exit etc.) are regular arcade buttons.

The thing with the leaf switches is that they don't "click" as arcade buttons do- and therefore feel different. 

Note that the Paradise Arcade and Ultimarc buttons do not support that dual leaf technique Thalamus is referring to. I think you will need a special dual-leaf contact for that to work.

I am not yet an advanced enough player myself for such techniques 🙂 so I have the Ultimarc buttons for now. But Thalamus is right- replace that arcade button for the flipper and you will get a far better experience.

1 hour ago, Felsir said:

The rollie leafswitch from Paradise Arcade would do the trick to turn your button into a leafswitch button.

If you are tight on space- Ultimarc has these. I use the RGB variant in my cabinet and these feel very good. The other buttons (start, exit etc.) are regular arcade buttons.

The thing with the leaf switches is that they don't "click" as arcade buttons do- and therefore feel different. 

Note that the Paradise Arcade and Ultimarc buttons do not support that dual leaf technique Thalamus is referring to. I think you will need a special dual-leaf contact for that to work.

I am not yet an advanced enough player myself for such techniques 🙂 so I have the Ultimarc buttons for now. But Thalamus is right- replace that arcade button for the flipper and you will get a far better experience.

i have some of those, i pick those buttons out of all the buttons i got, because the click sound. lol. i came from the arcade side. i have to look into dual leaf. i am very tight on space by the right hand side with all the buttons and plunger all together. i will have to order a couple to see. if i have the space, i can also specially design a holder for it. i can cad it up and 3d print one. 

Archived