[New VPVR Alert]Fish Tales (Williams 1992) VR ROOM

Fish Tales (Williams 1992) VR ROOM

Update Version 1.2.3!

Set your VR Far Plane to like 20,000!

Thanks to pinball58, melon, Loaded Weapon, Bigus1 for this superb VPX version of Fish Tales.  I have not touched the physics, graphics, or gameplay from the original authors VPX version.   Most of the VR code is at the bottom of the script.

Thanks goes to..
VPX table: pinball58, melon, Loaded Weapon, Bigus1
Some VR models from: 3RDAXIS
Bass model and cast plunger model: STEELY
Autolaunch bug fix and new programmed reel: ma1299
Bubble level: Rascal

Thanks always to Randy Davis, The VP development team, and Caligula for bringing us VPVR

Options:
Use Left and Right Magnasave to toggle VR Room components on or off.
There are some other VR room options on lines 49-53 of the script.
Enjoy!

Update 1.2.0:

3rdAxis coin door, working rom buttons and manual
All new backglass with working backglass flashers and GI.
Fish Topper now animated and hooked to the rom.
Sixtoe minimal room (added by psiomicron, thanks to both of you!)
New sharper playfield image (from latest desktop release)
Fish in the room now better animated
Fixed textures and materials, reduced file size
tweaked ball shadows.
other room enhancements and small bug fixes.

Update 1.0.3 - Fixed odd shiny normalmaps on some of the objects caused by newer version of VPVR.

Update 1.0.2 - All new lighting and shadows. Sun added. Fixed ball getting stuck near the 'L' lane. Added ambient water sounds (can be turned off in script).
    Update 1.0.1 - Fixed skybox glitch that would occur after 20 min of play. Fixed flying fish reset glitch.
    Initial Release. Version 1.0.0

Great table. Thanks ! I mean if I hit the left side of the boat with a good swing, the ball comes back as if there were some resistance. This doesn't always happen, but I've noticed. Maybe you notice that too and you can fix it with an update. I always play with the minimum room because my PC can't do that despite a 3080 GC ..

22 minutes ago, Forteg said:

Great table. Thanks ! I mean if I hit the left side of the boat with a good swing, the ball comes back as if there were some resistance. This doesn't always happen, but I've noticed. Maybe you notice that too and you can fix it with an update. I always play with the minimum room because my PC can't do that despite a 3080 GC ..

I played it quite a bit, and hadn't noticed that left ramp issue..  I will see what I can do about it.  Thanks for mentioning it.     This room ran a little bit slow during multiball with my 980ti, but with my 3060ti it runs perfectly here...  Different Supersampling options set perhaps..

I'll add to this while using v1.0.3 that several times I have hit a good shot up the left of the boat and also seen some sort of resistance in that the ball would stop and come back down (seems like it rattles left and right quickly and then rolls back down). Full room runs great even at full render resolution at 80Hz bumping the debug tool to 1.7 ss with Quest 2 and RTX 3080.

Edited by studlygoorite

41 minutes ago, studlygoorite said:

I'll add to this while using v1.0.3 that several times I have hit a good shot up the left of the boat and also seen some sort of resistance in that the ball would stop and come back down (seems like it rattles left and right quickly and then rolls back down). Full room runs great even at full render resolution at 80Hz bumping the debug tool to 1.7 ss with Quest 2 and RTX 3080.

Thanks for the review.  I will definitely take a look at that ramp and see what I can do.

Try as I might, I cannot recreate this left ramp issue..    I looked around in that area in the editor, and I dont see anything obvious that could cause it either.   Would one of you guys mind pointing out for me a little bit clearer exactly where it happens?  Is it at the beggining.. half way up?  Hmm..    I plan on putting out another small update for this room for something else, so I was hoping to also get to the bottom of this.

1 hour ago, studlygoorite said:

Ok it just happened the first hard shot, ball shot right back down as soon as it hit where the bend to the right starts. I can't see anything obstructing the ramp.

Thanks for the help.   Ill take a clearer look later tonight when I'm no longer cross-eyed.  lol.   I was hitting them pretty hard right up the center of the left boat ramp and couldn't get this behavior.  When this happens, does it look like the ball is entering the ramp right up the middle?

• 2 months later...