[New VP10 Hybrid Alert] Hook (Data East 1992) VPW Mod

Hook (Data East 1992) VPW Mod

BANGARAAANG!! Hook Table Tune-Up by members of VPin Workshop Discord. This one was supposed to be just a fast physics update, but we ended up rebuilding almost the whole table. We added some Flupper inserts, Skitso-style inserts, new flashers, Fleep SSF sounds, latest nFozzy physics, some new textures, Ramp rework, plastics, VRRoom, countless hours of tweaks and testing.

-          Inserts: iaakki, Skitso

-          nFozzy physics: Benji, iaakki

-          Re-alignment: Sixtoe, Cyberpez, Skitso, iaakki

-          Ramps: Tomate

-          Fleep Sounds: iaakki

-          Lighting: iaakki, Sixtoe, Skitso

-          Plastics: Sheltemke, iaakki, Tomate, sixtoe

-          VRRoom: Sixtoe

-          Miscellaneous tweaks: Skitso, Cyberpez, iaakki, Sixtoe, Tomate

-          Testing: Rik, VPW team

This release would not have been possible without the legacy of those who came before us including Javier for the original VPX version, Dark for the Skull, Ramp and Town primitives and Bigus for the playfield and backboard image.

Thank you to Flupper for 3D insert techniques, Rothbauerw for nFozzy physics and Fleep for sounds techniques.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/27/2021
  • Category
  • ROM Name
    hook_501
  • Link to B2S
  • Link to Media Pack
  • Permission to Mod
    Contact Author First.

10 hours ago, ktmspark said:

is there a way to save the LUT on table , when i change in script , it always defaults back to default , i can change manually but just wanna check i not missed anything obv 

Hmm.. I  seem to have the same issue.,  also had to use mu old 5.00 ROM to get the color Pin2DMD and sound to work .

BUT - THANK You for this table  Vpin Workshop!

4 hours ago, KiwiBri said:

Hmm.. I  seem to have the same issue.,  also had to use mu old 5.00 ROM to get the color Pin2DMD and sound to work .

BUT - THANK You for this table  Vpin Workshop!

Which pin2dmd files are you using? I am using the ones at the link below and they work with the 501 rom 

On 3/27/2021 at 11:09 PM, godisnothere said:

Just had to say wow! thsi caught me by suprise, and I love this table. Me and john made a pupack for this table. ITs a childhood classic. and somehow you made it look so real! Thank you guys!

Hey I renamed the PUPvideos folder to hook_501 and it works with this table and the 501 rom but I was wondering if it is ok to do that? In other words will the pup work as intended?

10 hours ago, yardley said:

Which pin2dmd files are you using? I am using the ones at the link below and they work with the 501 rom 

those are the ones I have... I'll take another go at this later. Not too worried with the difference between 5.00 vs 5.01. I just remember it was a pain getting the sound working well in this game.

8 minutes ago, KiwiBri said:

those are the ones I have... I'll take another go at this later. Not too worried with the difference between 5.00 vs 5.01. I just remember it was a pain getting the sound working well in this game.

What was the issue with the sound? Maybe I have a problem I haven't noticed haha. 

On 3/29/2021 at 10:59 AM, yardley said:

What was the issue with the sound? Maybe I have a problem I haven't noticed haha. 

problem was there was no sound. 

Then when I used the sound files from 408  version, the volume was low. 

So I just rebooted my machine and went to test this , and now it works with 5.01.  Strange, but I'll take it  :)

Now only issue is the saving of the selected LUT

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the great table! I really like it!

Just found one minor issue. Setting default LUT in the script does not seem to work correctly,

because the default LUT does not get applied, due to a missing setLUT command in the script.

If I manually insert the line "setLUT" somewhere after the  definiton of the default LUT in the script,

everything works well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 5:04 PM, ConditionGreen said:

Anyone get an answer to how to get the sound to work? I've got the table sounds, but no callouts or music.

You need to have these three other ROMs in your ROMs folder https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=categoryletters&cat=9&sort_order=ASC&sort_key=file_name&letter=H&num=10&st=40

• 2 years later...

i got my music volume working by adding the hook_408 rom into my roms folder so I have both hook_408 and hook_501

On 10/16/2021 at 7:38 PM, fallguy said:

I cant get rom volume to work. I followed directions in script but it doesn't do anything (no adjustments shown when I try it). Any suggestions?

On 11/15/2021 at 5:04 PM, ConditionGreen said:

Anyone get an answer to how to get the sound to work? I've got the table sounds, but no callouts or music.