Ghostbusters or walking dead real pin pin2dmd Colorization

There are only single palettes available for both.
A red/orange one for TWD and a white/green fro ghostbusters.

Colorization for both ROMs could be done better with Pinball Browser instead of pin2dmd editor as the latter is currently not able to colorize dynamic scenes with more than 4 colors. But@lucky1 might correct me if I’m mistaken.

Is it just an editor limitation? I do have a GB here and I have wondered about pulling the ColorDMD out so I can try having a go myself, it's all a bit pink and purple and I would love to give it some polish, though I'm not sure how easily Ican convert my desktop pin2dmd into something I can use with the machine. I looked very briefly - spent like 1 minute - looking at pinball browser, but I don't think it would provide the same freedoms to colour as the approach I am used to using the editor

Is it just an editor limitation? I do have a GB here and I have wondered about pulling the ColorDMD out so I can try having a go myself, it's all a bit pink and purple and I would love to give it some polish, though I'm not sure how easily Ican convert my desktop pin2dmd into something I can use with the machine. I looked very briefly - spent like 1 minute - looking at pinball browser, but I don't think it would provide the same freedoms to colour as the approach I am used to using the editor

AFAIK it’s just an editor limitation.
You could already trigger normal animations and text messages and such, but not scenes with dynamic scoring and animations combined. At least that’s what my last knowledge is.

With pinball browser you could also create different palettes and assign them to scenes, only memory space is the limiting factor, at least for twd.

• Content Provider

Currently best practice is coloring the dynamic scenes in pinball browser and the replacement scenes in pin2dmd editor. To make it possible to colorize dynamic scenes in the editor the number of colors needs to be raised to at least 32 in the editor and the firmware. I could do it for the firmware but for the editor I need the help of Steve.

• Content Provider
17 hours ago, NetzZwerg said:

I already have a gb project I work on, but get stuck because I don't understand the steps needed to get the wanted results with pb and how to combine these programs in the end. 

- You colorize the replacement scenes as always.

- You colorize the dynamic scenes in pinball browser

To combine them you need to do the following

- You load the palettes from the smartdmd.txt of pinball browser and append them to the existing palettes of the replacement scenes 

- You add palette switches for the dynamic scenes.to make sure they are displayed with the correct palette.

Archived