2 x EVO128X32 - same SD card... only one works?

MadNat

A member bought 2 x EVO128x32 boards in the recent Pinballinfo.com group buy (3rd one, over 150 boards built to date).  

Both were activated via the SD card (and both wrote the serial number successfully to the SD card).

Now the member is attempting to install in a Medieval Madness machine - one board works fine, the second board with the same SD card does not seem to be reading the pin2dmd files (no colour effects).

Have you heard of such problems?  Clearly the SD adapter worked with my SD card as I gathered the serial number and provided the .key file - but now would appear not to be working?  Seems all other features work as they should.

R21-R26 resisters are not damaged and SD does not have any shorts between the pins.  ANyone ever heard of that happening?

Any suggestions to test and find the problem?

Thanks

Next test is to attempt a firmware update.  As I DFU'ed V3.15, by putting the latest pin2dmd.upd file on a SD card, will test whether the card can be read (look for UPDATE on the screen), and see if the file will delete (check SD card after reboot). 

Will post results of that test when I have them

Looks that way - strange that it was working, and now not.  Final tests are looking at impedence on R21-R26 and thet the adapter is receiving good voltage on pin 3.3V p4 & GND p6.

Could maybe just be debris in the adapter?  We will see.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived