Interactive Magazine

• Content Provider

hi guys

I have been discussing with dazz about an idea to do a small interactive magazine.

in this we can do interviews, wip articles table reviews classifieds , anything we can think of. 

we can embed video images text really anything. member submitted articles the possabilities are endless

is this a stupid idea and a waste of time or could this work ?

it can start out small only a few pages every couple of months or it could turn into something else and maybe distribute it at magazine app stores for mobile devices in the future.

i believe it could eventually provide exposure of pinball simulation to a large crowd who never knew it existed.

here is the demo of the component i like best, i like the first example most.

http://activeden.net/item/interactive-page-flip-magazine/full_screen_preview/601766

it looks like alot of work but its all xml so i can edit real quick and easy, its content that i will need help with if anyone interested ?

• Administrators

Personally, I like the idea... we have something similar to a magazine that one of our members on HyperSpin puts together weekly.  He scours the forums for interesting posts, updates and things and then posts them on a blog.  People do enjoy it and find it a nice touch.  I think doing a more professional magazine type feature like that could add a nice touch.  There are many different things that the magazine can touch on in a different way than the site can.

The mag would contain stuff like:

Cabinet Showcase where one or two member cabinets are showcased

Table building tips and tricks

Graphic tips and tricks

WIP showcase - Table creators can showcase their current wips and explain new techniques or features they are adding

Table Creator/Hardware Dev/Scripting interviews

I really like the idea and think it could add a little more personality to this scene/hobby and to VPU.

That does sound like a cool idea!

But the trick, of course, is to keep a steady stream of Interesting Content coming each month. It would have to be pre-planned, I think, working together with whomever is providing the source material.

For instance, maybe one month, you could feature Osprey and the Mata Hari restoration he did recently. I'm sure he must have plenty of picts, and I know that he has vids on YouTube about it. 

PacDude's back on the air (or "The Dude", I think he's calling himself these days). His Firepower, Blackout, High Speed, Paragon, Sorcerer, Silverball Mania, Space Invaders and many other tables in VP8 were what got me hooked in VP. I was totally jazzed to see all these fabulous tables that I used to play IRL back in my Arcade Days. An interview with him, touching on these classic VP tables, as well as what he's up to these days, would make for a very interesting feature in the following month's mag. 

It's obvious that you can go as deep as you want to in the magazine, 8 pages, 18 pages or 80 pages, depending on how much work you want to put into it ... but the important thing, I think, is to plan ahead, know what's coming for the next three issues or so, just as if it were a professional published magazine. 

Such a magazine would make for very interesting reading each month, something to look forward to.

Archived