**led Toolbox Forcefeedback Config For Em And Old Ss Tables** Updated

bent98

• Content Provider

3/13/2013 version 1.0

A big Thank You to Kodiac for his help in scripting this to make it very easy for anyone to mod tables that either are EM and don't utilize rom support via Vpinmame or older 70-80's Solid State tables who's solenoids are not controlled buy the rom.

I am going to try an convert all quality FS tables. I will start with the newer SS tables and then EM's. There are also a few tables that support rom controlled solenoids but for some reason bumpers or slings arent controlled by rom or have a possible pinmame emulation issue. Tables like this are Phantom Of the Opera and Black Knight 2000 are two that have this issue.

1) Ensure you download the latest LEdwiz Config   http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz/index.php

Important because I still fire the Flippers off the Ledcontrol.ini

2) Put this at the very end of the script:

Dim Toolbox:Toolbox = False
CheckLEDWizTool

Sub CheckLEDWizTool
    dim check
    Set check = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    If check.FileExists("LedWizToolBox.vbs") Then
        ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("LedWizToolBox.vbs")

' ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("ledcontrol.vbs")    ' Put this in there if tables is EM or original
        LedWActive=1
        If LedWVersion<2 And LedWActive=1 Then
           LedWActive=0
           MsgBox "LedWizToolBox version too old"
        End If
        LedWMaxOutputs=32
        Toolbox=true
        LedWTimer.Enabled=1
    End If
End Sub

Sub LedWSolenoid (ByVal OPstart)
   Dim lwi,Repeats,OnDur,OffDur,SD : lwi = Cint(Right(OPstart,2)):Repeats=1:OnDur=100:OffDur=0:SD=0  
      LedWmem(lwi,1)=1
      LedWmem(lwi,2)=Repeats
      LedWmem(lwi,3)=Int(OnDur/LWTime)
      LedWmem(lwi,4)=Int(OffDur/LWTime)
      LedWmem(lwi,6)=Int(OnDur/LWTime)
      LedWmem(lwi,7)=Int(OffDur/LWTime)
      LedWmem(lwi,8)=3
      LedWmem(lwi,12)=Int(SD/LWTime)
End Sub

2) Add a timer to the table called Ledwtimer
3) Set the interval to 25
4) Make sure box it unchecked (Disabled)
5) Here's how to add sling, bumper, and flippers to the table script to make them thump.

Example for adding Bumper:

Orginal
Sub Bumper1_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 43:PlaySound "bumper1":bump1 = 1:Me.TimerEnabled = 1:End Sub

Modified (in Green)
Sub Bumper1_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 43:PlaySound "bumper1":bump1 = 1:Me.TimerEnabled = 1:If Toolbox Then LedWSolenoid LedW_RBumper:End If:End Sub

Example for adding Flipper:

Original

Sub Table_KeyDown(ByVal keycode)

If KeyCode = RightFlipperKey Then Controller.Switch(72) = 1

Modified (in Green)

If KeyCode = RightFlipperKey Then Controller.Switch(72) = 1:If Toolbox Then LedWSolenoid LedW_RFlipper:End If

Example for adding Slings:

Original

Sub RightSlingshot_Slingshot:PlaySound"sling":VpmTimer.PulseSw 33:End Sub

Modified (in Green)

Sub RightSlingshot_Slingshot:PlaySound"sling":VpmTimer.PulseSw 33:If Toolbox Then LedWSolenoid LedW_RSling:End If:End Sub

Here is a list of commands to use for controlling which solenoid:

LedW_RBumper = Right Bumper
LedW_LBumper = Left Bumper
LedW_LNBumper = Back Bumper
LedW_CBumper = Center Bumper

LedW_RFlipper = Right Flipper
LedW_LFlipper = Left Flipper

LedW_RSling = Right Sling
LedW_LSling = Left Sling

With Kodiac's new script it can be added to any table wand will NOT cause table to error out for non forcefeedback users.

Make sure you download the latest ledwiz config as Flipper assignments may be in that config.

6) ENJOY

I will be updating this list as time progresses.

You can find tables scripts in the shared folder. You may have to enable disable UVP, or B2S depending on your setup. Please make sure you have ledwiztoolbox 2.0 and update your ledwizcontrol.ini to the latest to avoid any erratic table behavior.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgljmtnowrhis1j/kAIxjB6K2h

Abracadabra

ACDC (Orginal) - Download ledwiz mod

Baby Pacman

Banzai Run

Beatles

Big Valley

Black Knight 2000

Black Sabbath (70's and 80') - Download ledwiz mod

Caperville

Capt Fantastic

Charlies Angels

Centigrade – Download lastest Pinuck version

Close Encounters Of 3rd Kind

Diamond Lady

Dipsy Doodle

Disco Fever

Fast Draw

Fathom

Flipper Football

Four Million BC

Gator

Genesis

Genie

Ghostbusters

Goldeneye

Grateful dead - Download ledwiz mod

Harlem Globetrotters

Haunted House – Download Latest Koadic Mod

Hit the Deck

Honey

Impacto

Jacks Open

Joker Poker

Kings and Queens

Knock Out

Mars Trek

Panathera

Phantom Of the Opera – Download latest Rob Mod

Pinball Pool

Pink Panther

Raven

Robowar

Rocky

Royal Flush

Royal Flush (All three)

Rush download ledwiz mod

Sea Saw

Sea Witch

Sharpshooter

Skyrocket

Solar Ride

Spirit

Strangeworld

Sureshot

Taxi

Time Machine

Trailer

Triplestrike

Vegas

Vortex

Yellowsubmarine

I can have bumpers to phantom of opera, just that i didn't submit the correct config yet

I couldn't find the slings though

Well done koadic and bent ;)

What solenoids did you use? When working with Bent98, all I could get to trigger were the flashers (6/13/15 I think??), which is why we modified it to use the ledwiz toolbox vbs file. I gave the fully modified file to Rob046 that includes other fixes as well, so the next release just might have it integrated.

A note, along with step one above, it also assumes you have the ledwiztoolbox.vbs file to work correctly... If you don't, it won't error out or anything, it just won't do anything. I also made a recent change to the core.vbs file that does something similar to this, where if you have the ledcontrol.vbs file, it will be loaded, but if you don't, it won't, allowing for a generic core.vbs file for both LedWiz and non LedWiz users. That way future core.vbs files won't need to be modified if you are using an LedWiz, it will automatically load the file for you.

• Content Provider

S13 for left bumper, s15 for right bumper, center bumper i don't remember, i need to double check

for slingshots coils, i could have them triggered, with s45 and s47, but by actioning flippers instead of the slingshots...?

there was a bug in the generation of the ledcontrol.ni files when i tested, so perhaps it is working now, i will check tonight if i have time.

Thanks Bent and Koadic i have been going round in circles trying to sort this out the last couple of days. Its good to know that any type of table that has issues is now easily fixed.

I am left with Rescue 911 which doesnt seem to fire the contactor every hit of the bumpers or slingshot. I pulled the slingshot wall out horizontal so the slingshot can keep firing the ball up, its a bit inconsistent sometimes out of five hits it will only fire the contactor once other times you might get two or three times. Bumpers are the same story.

They are all working properly in the solenoid test, to me it seems like a timing issue but i cant nail it.

Thanks again for your efforts.

Regarding Phantom of the Opera - From the manual:

Coil Tests

Sixteen regular (pulsed under microprocessor control) and six switch-triggered coil drivers are provided to switch ground to coils. ...

So, if I am reading this correctly, the bumper and sling solenoids (SP1-5, which are switch-triggered) aren't microprocessor controlled (by the rom) so there is no way to link them via normal means.

My mistake koadic, s13 and s15 are for the up flashers

I have completed the ledwiz config for this table phantom opera, in conjunction with the latest version with toolbox ;)

The newest release by Rob046 should have the extra scripting for bumpers/slings already included, and will work if you have the ledwiztoolbox.vbs file with your other scripts. And as far as that table goes...

Also, I have modified the scripting for Scarface B2S/LedWiz to be more universal so it will work with or without an LedWiz and play nicely with any future tables that may have some toolbox code preinstalled in it, as it won't require the ledwiztoolbox.vbs to be present for it to run properly (which messes up other modified tables if not using an LedWiz). It is posted in the support thread for that table on VPF.

• Content Provider

At the title screen I have added a few tables i modded so far. I have enclosed the scripts for people to cut and paste into the original table. I have also added a load of new configs to the LEDWIZ Config Tool. Please make sure you use latest ledwiz config to ensure flipper feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

I have found a n error I think...

four Million BC's Script, you posted the Script to Fast Draw.'

Also I have noticed that the only solenoid that fires correctly for me is the Right Flipper. The rest are wrong.. But on all of my ROM based tables.. everything fires correctly. So I assume my LEDControl.ini is right.

My left flipper fires my left bumper solenoid. The Bumpers fire off LEDs... Etc etc etc... Any thoughts?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hey Bent, I have run into a new issue.

After my hard drive died, I switched to Windows 7 64 Bit. I dropped my setup back into this OS, Registered the files I needed and such.. Got pretty much everything working.. So when I go to play Abra Cadabra, with your script, which was working fine in XP...

Line 1645... This line..

Dim lwi,Repeats,OnDur,OffDur,SD : lwi = Cint(Right(OPstart,2)):Repeats=1:OnDur=100:OffDur=0:SD=0

Errors out at Cint When the ball hits the Right Slingshot on the upper half of the table. IT seems to be able to hit everything else and work just fine... But that one breaks it.

Any thoughts? 

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
Guest rubberduck2006

3/13/2013 version 1.0

A big Thank You to Kodiac for his help in scripting this to make it very easy for anyone to mod tables that either are EM and don't utilize rom support via Vpinmame or older 70-80's Solid State tables who's solenoids are not controlled buy the rom.

I am going to try an convert all quality FS tables. I will start with the newer SS tables and then EM's. There are also a few tables that support rom controlled solenoids but for some reason bumpers or slings arent controlled by rom or have a possible pinmame emulation issue. Tables like this are Phantom Of the Opera and Black Knight 2000 are two that have this issue.

1) Ensure you download the latest LEdwiz Config   http://vpuniverse.com/ledwiz/index.php

Important because I still fire the Flippers off the Ledcontrol.ini

2) Put this at the very end of the script:

Dim Toolbox:Toolbox = False

CheckLEDWizTool

Sub CheckLEDWizTool

dim check

Set check = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If check.FileExists("LedWizToolBox.vbs") Then

ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("LedWizToolBox.vbs")

' ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("ledcontrol.vbs")    ' Put this in there if tables is EM or original

LedWActive=1

If LedWVersion<2 And LedWActive=1 Then

LedWActive=0

MsgBox "LedWizToolBox version too old"

End If

LedWMaxOutputs=32

Toolbox=true

LedWTimer.Enabled=1

End If

End Sub

Sub LedWSolenoid (ByVal OPstart)

LedWmem(lwi,1)=1

LedWmem(lwi,2)=Repeats

LedWmem(lwi,3)=Int(OnDur/LWTime)

LedWmem(lwi,4)=Int(OffDur/LWTime)

LedWmem(lwi,6)=Int(OnDur/LWTime)

LedWmem(lwi,7)=Int(OffDur/LWTime)

LedWmem(lwi,8)=3

LedWmem(lwi,12)=Int(SD/LWTime)

End Sub

2) Add a timer to the table called Ledwtimer

3) Set the interval to 25

4) Make sure box it unchecked (Disabled)

5) Here's how to add sling, bumper, and flippers to the table script to make them thump.

Example for adding Bumper:

Orginal

Sub Bumper1_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 43:PlaySound "bumper1":bump1 = 1:Me.TimerEnabled = 1:End Sub

Modified (in Green)

Sub Bumper1_Hit:vpmTimer.PulseSw 43:PlaySound "bumper1":bump1 = 1:Me.TimerEnabled = 1:If Toolbox Then LedWSolenoid LedW_RBumper:End If:End Sub

Example for adding Flipper:

Original

If KeyCode = RightFlipperKey Then Controller.Switch(72) = 1

Modified (in Green)

If KeyCode = RightFlipperKey Then Controller.Switch(72) = 1:If Toolbox Then LedWSolenoid LedW_RFlipper:End If

Example for adding Slings:

Original

Sub RightSlingshot_Slingshot:PlaySound"sling":VpmTimer.PulseSw 33:End Sub

Modified (in Green)

Sub RightSlingshot_Slingshot:PlaySound"sling":VpmTimer.PulseSw 33:If Toolbox Then LedWSolenoid LedW_RSling:End If:End Sub

Here is a list of commands to use for controlling which solenoid:

LedW_RBumper = Right Bumper

LedW_LBumper = Left Bumper

LedW_LNBumper = Back Bumper

LedW_CBumper = Center Bumper

LedW_RFlipper = Right Flipper

LedW_LFlipper = Left Flipper

LedW_RSling = Right Sling

LedW_LSling = Left Sling

With Kodiac's new script it can be added to any table wand will NOT cause table to error out for non forcefeedback users.

Make sure you download the latest ledwiz config as Flipper assignments may be in that config.

6) ENJOY

I will be updating this list as time progresses.

You can find tables scripts in the shared folder. You may have to enable disable UVP, or B2S depending on your setup. Please make sure you have ledwiztoolbox 2.0 and update your ledwizcontrol.ini to the latest to avoid any erratic table behavior.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgljmtnowrhis1j/kAIxjB6K2h

Abracadabra

ACDC (Orginal) - Download ledwiz mod

Baby Pacman

Banzai Run

Beatles

Big Valley

Black Knight 2000

Black Sabbath (70's and 80') - Download ledwiz mod

Caperville

Capt Fantastic

Charlies Angels