World Cup Soccer

• Content Provider

Sorry to hear that.

With freezy's dmdevice.dll now fully supporting output from the Pin2DMD editor, that opens things up for users who don't use real DMD hardware. Maybe somebody from this group will step up and finish this off. 

Again, that other platform will never serve the VPin community. Don't waste your time waiting. They've been quite clear on this. Pin2DMD is it!

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, malenko said:

a lot was done, but I got tired of hearing shit from fans of a  different platform.  So the files are up and someone else should try to finish it cause I never will. 

There are always people who post things that might frustrate and discourage you but be aware of the fact that they are the minority and mostly only a hand full.
The funny thing is that this hand full of people can give you the impression of beeing the majority by posting their shit  again and again.  They do this either out of personal
(financial) interest  or they are just in desperate need of attention, which they often don´t get in the real world but unfortunatelly do get in the virtual world. 
You can identify both groups easily. The first promote (their) products and the second have a unusal high number of (senseless) posts. Just ignore them both. Makes life much easier.

You did an awesome job on your colorizations.

6 hours ago, lucky1 said:

There are always people who post things that might frustrate and discourage you but be aware of the fact that they are the minority and mostly only a hand full.
The funny thing is that this hand full of people can give you the impression of beeing the majority by posting their shit  again and again.  They do this either out of personal
(financial) interest  or they are just in desperate need of attention, which they often don´t get in the real world but unfortunatelly do get in the virtual world. 
You can identify both groups easily. The first promote (their) products and the second have a unusal high number of (senseless) posts. Just ignore them both. Makes life much easier.

You did an awesome job on your colorizations.

Well said, I second this Malenko.... observing your colorizations and works are what got me interested in trying to do my own.  I hope to see you continue your work!

A good friend of mine once told me "Focus more on those around you who support you and less on the few of those who don't"

I've put quite a bit of work into the WCS colorization; I think it's starting to come together pretty well.   Thank you for sharing your project files Malenko, very inspirational work that you do! 

Just about all of the scenes Malenko colored are keyframed and I've done a whole bunch of others, it's pretty playable now.    Here is the VNI+PAL if you want to give it a spin:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TSATRWXJHxkcAOF75MmtrqHPJzpOXveN/view?usp=sharing

And here's my updated project

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AkRUbvlG8K0eGQGjyDaDT4ndAdMBidUF/view?usp=sharing

• Content Provider
19 hours ago, DJRobX said:

I've updated it again... Same links.    I connected Shoot Again to Malenko's colorization (lost my keyframe somewhere...lol), and I colorized the Jackpot sequence, tickets, and some other things.   

Thanks for finishing this. I had about 80% of the scenes that were ripped colored, but you definitely put in a ton of work.  Also thanks for sharing your updates source files..

3 hours ago, malenko said:

Thanks for finishing this. I had about 80% of the scenes that were ripped colored, but you definitely put in a ton of work.  Also thanks for sharing your updates source files..

Of course!  I'm a big fan of anything "open source".   I think it's important to share the source projects,  they can help others learn to do this too.    I also really hate the thought of someone needing to re-invent the wheel to make improvements if people are so motivated to.    

I've shared another update.    Played many games last night, while there's still lots that can be improved there's not too much left that's egregiously bad.    I added more static screens (mainly done to stop bleeding from other sequences, but it does look nicer), and the finale sequence has some basic colorizing done.      I did the finale somewhat quickly so it's a mediocre coloring, but at least it's there if someone wants to improve on it. 

Some things left (although I'm not sure when or if I'll get to them)

1)  "Find Striker" sequences need to be captured and colored.
2) I did the B-I-G letters in a generic way. To look good it will need to be broken up into more parts to work right when Striker crosses the board (keyframing will be tricky....)
3) Destiantion city values sometimes overlay the cityscape.   I've tried to minimize the impact of this but to do it properly each destination value frame will need to be captured and properly colored.
4) More static screens
5) Maybe re-doing some static palettes with more theme-consistent coloring, I'm using a lot of red/white/blue but the game is more yellow/teal/purple.  
6) Maybe?? There's some discussion from Lucky1 about new color layer masks for coloring sprites in video modes ... I believe this is seen as L-mask in the editor.    I have to learn how it works, and it's TBD if this may be useful to help coloring the fireworks that are randomly overlaid onto things.    That feature would also need to be coded into freezy's DLL too. 
7) Check that it returns to scoreboard colorization when  credits is more than  10, and  also "Credits 10." (with a period at the end) and buy-in combionations.   If the player/ball/credit reading at the bottom moves slightly  it breaks the scoreboard detection, and something like the period that shows up if there is a service issue can mess things up.    I mainly test with free play.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Content Provider

Bump out of NOWHERE!!!!!

Added some more stuff to the last release from DJRobX's.  Just some minor tweaks and i redid a couple scenes. I needed a break from the getaway.

• 2 months later...

I was at the California Extreme pinball show this weekend.    I played a WCS that had a colorized DMD on it, but it wasn't a LCD like most of the other pins running official ColorDMDs.   Didn't really think too much of it at first.     As I played the machine I got to one of the "teacher" sequences that I knew we hadn't colorized yet, and saw it go white, and realized that this pin had OUR colorization running!  

It was very surreal but it was SO cool to encounter our work on a real pin at a pinshow! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider
On 7/29/2019 at 12:08 PM, DJRobX said:

I was at the California Extreme pinball show this weekend.    I played a WCS that had a colorized DMD on it, but it wasn't a LCD like most of the other pins running official ColorDMDs.   Didn't really think too much of it at first.     As I played the machine I got to one of the "teacher" sequences that I knew we hadn't colorized yet, and saw it go white, and realized that this pin had OUR colorization running!  

It was very surreal but it was SO cool to encounter our work on a real pin at a pinshow! 

Is this what you mean by "teacher sequence" ?

Its done, the initial chalkboard is replacement, second half is masked because I thought the words on the chalkboard was dynamic.

CB3.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I’m about to pull the trigger on a real WCS pinball so I’d love to see this project get some movement forward.  Given this appears to have been a “community” effort, any chance the latest source files could be shared?  I was playing it on VPX last night and I saw quite a few static screens seemed to be just white, and could use a bit of color.  I’d love to contribute as well, as I’m just getting started on learning the ins and outs of WPC colorization.

Much appreciated, and thanks for all you guys do.

• Content Provider

Feel free to ask any questions. The whole point of me releasing the source with everything I do is to get other people to learn how to do it.  Feel free to use this topic for your updates if you'd like. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wondered if there has been any progress with this. I have a Pin2DMD waiting to go in my real WCS :-). It be best to lose the green background behind the score as this seems to be causing most the issues in transitions.