Stern : 24

SteveP3

the S.A.M. table programming ain't officially released to the public yet

so I thought we could not build those pins

you can make them I guess but you would have to use custom sounds and stuff

since that S.A.M. technology ain't available to us

Hmm, I'm not sure what vpinmame you guys are using, but I downloaded the one from here and it works fine; the sound is a little dodgy compared to the real thing, and I had to figure out the switches by just writing a little bit of code, but otherwise it seems to work fine so far.

Here's a picture; some switches are put in place, got the lamps all programmed in and some basic solenoid handlers - obviously very early but it works (to the extent that it can - it needs guides, bumpers, much more, etc added, hehe!)

post-526-0-34030800-1362513856_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

well, where is the prob Faralos ? as of course nobody here have the sam-pinmame, the sam.vbs, and the STERN sam roms, these tables will not be working anyway !

sam.vbs is included in the downloads with the rest of the vp essentials

• Administrators
the S.A.M. table programming ain't officially released to the public yet

so I thought we could not build those pins

you can make them I guess but you would have to use custom sounds and stuff

since that S.A.M. technology ain't available to us

Faralos - Please show me where this rule is regarding SAM emulation. Nobody has EVER seen this rule other than what VPF states.  This site is not VPF.  VPU rules and VPF rules are quite different.  Please read VPU Rules.

We have working SAM emulation and working games.

• Administrators

well, where is the prob Faralos ? as of course nobody here have the sam-pinmame, the sam.vbs, and the STERN sam roms, these tables will not be working anyway !

Not sure what you mean by this, but tis not true... We have PinMAME sources, we have SAM.vbs and the ROM's you can get directly from the Stern website.  We have working games.

• Administrators
Hmm, I'm not sure what vpinmame you guys are using, but I downloaded the one from here and it works fine; the sound is a little dodgy compared to the real thing, and I had to figure out the switches by just writing a little bit of code, but otherwise it seems to work fine so far.

Here's a picture; some switches are put in place, got the lamps all programmed in and some basic solenoid handlers - obviously very early but it works (to the extent that it can - it needs guides, bumpers, much more, etc added, hehe!)

So is the game working for you?  There is/was known problem with 24.  Are you able to actually start a game?

24 never had problems it works fine. This is misinformation.

CSI and IJ4 are the tables that have problems even now with this version.

You can't start a game due to trough problems.

So is the game working for you?  There is/was known problem with 24.  Are you able to actually start a game?

Stern games have a nice diagnostic mode where it shows you the lamps, solenoids,switches and flasher numbers.

So even if you don't have the switch/sol/lamp pages from the manual you can see everything you need to get the table to run.

The same base table could be used as a starter table for all of the SAM games.

Of course you need some nice playfield artwork, plastics, GI lighting, and there's nothing like having the game in front of you to take pics!

• Administrators
24 never had problems it works fine. This is misinformation.

CSI and IJ4 are the tables that have problems even now with this version.

You can't start a game due to trough problems.

Ahh, ok.  That's what the issue is.  I thought 24 had that same issue.  Glad to see that it's not.  Looking forward to this one.

Stern games have a nice diagnostic mode where it shows you the lamps, solenoids,switches and flasher numbers.

So even if you don't have the switch/sol/lamp pages from the manual you can see everything you need to get the table to run.

The same base table could be used as a starter table for all of the SAM games.

Of course you need some nice playfield artwork, plastics, GI lighting, and there's nothing like having the game in front of you to take pics!

Yep, the diagnostic mode was handy for figuring out the changes to the dedicated switches (I just used a variable and cycled up through the switch numbers from a negative value up to like 80 to make sure I didn't miss anything).   I have the manual beside me, but hilariously it is wrong on the 'matrix' diagram, but correct on the playfield diagram regarding switch positions/numbers.

Were you able to ask your buddy about his 24 pf by any chance? 

sam.vbs is included in the downloads with the rest of the vp essentials

sorry but i´m too blind to find ths sam.vbs anywhere. Got the SAM Roms running with the VisualRomRunner and it worked great but now i wanna try it within VP but i need the sam.vbs. With the Stern.vbs & Sega.vbs i get errors :(

thx for help

• Administrators
sorry but i´m too blind to find ths sam.vbs anywhere. Got the SAM Roms running with the VisualRomRunner and it worked great but now i wanna try it within VP but i need the sam.vbs. With the Stern.vbs & Sega.vbs i get errors :(

thx for help

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/index.php/files/download/2108-vpmame-sam-enabled-source-compiled/

Not sure what you mean by this, but tis not true... We have PinMAME sources, we have SAM.vbs and the ROM's you can get directly from the Stern website.  We have working games.

yep Dazz, i know, was just friendly irony... ;)

Yep, Stern 24 playfields uploaded (light and dark)

Yep, the diagnostic mode was handy for figuring out the changes to the dedicated switches (I just used a variable and cycled up through the switch numbers from a negative value up to like 80 to make sure I didn't miss anything).   I have the manual beside me, but hilariously it is wrong on the 'matrix' diagram, but correct on the playfield diagram regarding switch positions/numbers.

Were you able to ask your buddy about his 24 pf by any chance? 

• Content Provider
Looks like someone else is working on this table, so I will save myself a ton of time and let them take the ball and run with it.

I'm not sure that is true.  I haven't seen any posts to that effect.  If you want someone else to run with it though maybe posting your WIP will get someone to pick t up. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Content Provider

Did another 24 table ever come out.  I don't remember seeing one.

If SteveP3 still has a WIP and would be so kind as to post then someone would be willing to pick up the ball and complete it.

• 1 month later...

Archived