Tron Issue

skewba98z28

I cannot think of a single thing that would cause this....other than make sure physmod exe is unblocked and ran as admin. Also make sure it's in vpinball folder and physmod table is in table folder with matching backglass name exactly same as table name

Man this is crazy! I'm on xp. My user is set to administrator. I'm logged in on my user acct and if I just double click the physicsmod.exe and try to run the physics mod version of tron I get the rom error. If I right click the physics mod exe, run as administrator, and run the tron physics mod it runs just fine. I ran X-men and addams physics mod just fine, but tron and IJ Williams gives the rom issue.

I created a new user acct on my cab and set as admin. I double clicked the physics mod exe and launched tron. It fired up just fine. I closed vp, reopened the physicsmod, launched tron and it gave the rom error. I honestly think something is up with my XP install. I think I'm just going to dump it and go with 7 since pinballx is 7 friendly unlike hyperpin.

Okay so over the weekend I installed win7 and I can run the tron physics mod 5. Anyways I hated how laggy pinballx was loading table videos scrolling through tables. Today I reinstalled xp and tried the tron physics mod first thing. Now if I set controller to just vpinmame the table will fire right up. If I set conrtoller to bs2 server I have to right click the physics mod vp exe, click run as admin and type my password in. If I don't do that and just double click the physics exe I get the rom path error. 

I uninstalled Vp and pinmame. Installed it to c:\visual pinball. I double clicked the physics exe, opened Tron physics mod, set to b2s server, hit play, and it fired right up. I was like cool it works. I closed vp, double clicked the physics exe again, opened Tron, hit play and it gave the rom error. IJ williams physics mod is also giving the same issue. I can run addams and x-men physics mod with no issues.

The table videos were slow to load in pinballx in Win7. Probably a second or two. Not a issue unless I was trying to scroll fast through the tables. In XP pinballx will blaze through the tables.

I'll double check the b2s server files for privileges. Seems I had to unblock some dll files associated with DOF to get it to work. Which was odd because I didn't think that was a issue in XP. This could be the case with b2s and I didn't check it because it worked on most tables. Just not with certain physicsmod tables launched with the physics exe. 

I just need to figure out what Tron and IJ Williams physicsmod tables have in common, but is different than your IJ freneticamnesic and the Addams physicsmod table. IJ Stern and Addams I can play just fine. Tron and IJ Williams give the same rom path issue.

Thanks you guys for helping me out on this. I always search before I ask a question, but it seems I'm the only one having this issue.  

Just checked and made sure all the b2s dll's are unblocked. Also there isn't a run as admin option for the b2sserver in xp. yes you right click and run it as admin, but you can't start the exe like that. Still giving the same issue. It almost has to be something in the physics mod exe because I can run the physics mod tron with the normal 9.9.1 exe. Of course it plays like crap.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived