Virtuapin Plunger V2.0 Issues

Evening everyone,

I hope everyone is enjoying Christmas and the holidays....Anyway i was lucky to get a VP Plunger kit as a present and am experiencing a few issues now that the board and plunger are connected to my cab....

I have connected everything up correctly and the PC recognises the plunger and nudge/control board. If i move the board and pull back the plunger the movement is registered under the joystick config section within control panel. However, problems seem to occur once I start trying to use the tables...

Firstly the nudge seems to work fine (if i trap the ball on the flipper and nudge the table the ball physically moves) however they seem to conflict with my already installed usb/button encoder (Im not using an iPac)... for example for some odd reason only one flipper worked and then when I press the launch button the volume decreases?!?. Also tables seem to crash randomly and Pinball X also plays up? Once i unplug the VirtuaPin plunger from the USB all the buttons go back to working and the issues disappear? Do you think that the new VP plunger board is conflicting with my existing button encoder? If i use the onboard 8 or 10-pin connector do you think this issues will be rectified?  Anyone else had issues like this?

PS. i tries to use the plunger on the AC/DC Stern table and the ball would only go halfway up the lane and then rolled back and continued to bounce up and down? Is there any code i need to amend in table scripts or settings i have to chance for the plunger to work correctly within Visual Pinball?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

• Content Provider

Sure sounds like a conflict. So the buttons are not connected to the VirtuaPin controller? Do button presses register under the Windows config section for the VirtuaPin controller?

I have a version 1 kit, the plunger is kind of weak for AC/DC in my opinion. Probably can change the strength setting in the script, but I haven't bothered to try yet.

• Content Provider

And under the VirtuaPin controller game controller device properties where you can test the inputs, when you press buttons do you see them registering even though no button is wired to the controller yet? I wouldn't expect so, but maybe you will see the register because there is a conflict.

Are you planning on fully replacing your original USB encoder with the VirtuaPin?

I've heard that there may be problems if you are plugged into USB 3 instead of USB 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived