Dof: E , @t@, Hsii-Getaway Questions

Joppnl

Hello,

as I'm trying to understand a little about the commands in the DOF config files there are some points I can't get an answer to, hope you can help me with this:

1) E101, 102,103.  I looked it up in the .vpt sript and found it (A13). But do Enumbers have to be >100? Why not E1, E2 etc?

2) what is the meaning of @t@, really can not find anything about it. And if here is a document about it, is it somewhere published?

3) as a test I wanted to do a test on the lights on highspeed 2 the Getaway. As you might know, in real there are 3 coils on the speed ramp where the balls are getting around and around by the 3 coils.

The coils are, according to the manual,  numbered 25,26 and 28

So I thought to 'connect' the RGB led's to the coils:

Left       S25 Red f100

Center  S26 Red f100

Right     S28 Red f100

But when I start a game the 3 lights turn and stay on immediately and won't go off. Don't understand why.

i know that in the original dof config the led's work fine but just for the test I thought to connect them this way but the result was not what i expected.

Thanks

• Content Provider

I asked Arngrim about this previously

@t@ is replaced with the target duration and intensity specified on the DOF Port Assignment page

@dt@ is replaced with the drop target duration and intensity

so W14 @t@ for my config get interpreted as W14 60 I48, so when that target (Switch 14) is hit, that toy(probably a contactor) will turn on for 60 msec at intensity of 48

aha: Thank you very much (again and ag...well... you got it I think) for your (again) helpful post.

Yes, I found them as well now at the DOF config tool, so these are the contactor variables, same value for me (standard).

Did Arngrim also tell you why he made it a variable setting?

I see 60 is the minimum duration so why would you want to be able to change duration and intensity? (intensity of a (drop-)target oounds a little strange to me......what is the irl equivalent for that?)

Thank you for clearing this to me GTX!

• Content Provider

if your contactors and controllers supports pwm like me, this is a great customization, you can customize if it is a target or drop target effect, i use 300 i32 for targets and 180 i40 for frop targets

Archived