Dof W/gui Not Releasing Contactors Upon Exit

lonnkor

Well, I'm stumped.  I've tried every suggested fix for this including writing the Stop.Controller script into every VP table without one.

Running 9.9.0, using VP directly I can start a table, hold a flipper, quit the table and return to the editor and the contactor will unfailingly

release every time.  Starting the same table within PinballX, (or within Hyperpin for that matter,) the contactor will not release until I restart a table. 

I am running the latest B2S, w/ a PacLED64.  Within VP everything functions perfectly including all flashers, shaker, etc. 

If anyone could shed any light on this, thanks in advance.

-Lonnie

PinballX 1.92, downloaded this morning.  It is the first version I've ever tried to use.  Also in the notes I see mentioned that this will not work unless it's an LEDwiz; I have

a PacLED64.  I see a link in the thread to another PinballX download zip file but it doesn't work for me either.  Is there a direct link to what you're calling the "clear script?"  thx

...the reason I ask is that the two files linked to are a core.vbs file and a batch file; I tried to put the delay batch on

the Launch After in PinballX and it didn't work.  If I put the .vbs in the Launch After it locks up Windows.  If I could just get

a link to or a copy of an .exe file to put in the Launch After that will kill the PacLED that would be ideal but I don't know if that's that possible.

Is there a place in the PinballX settings that will ensure that VP & the B2S is killed before it returns to the menu?  If I kill Visual Pinball

manually it kills the outputs every time.  Looks like a problem with PinballX but if I swap in Hyperpin it gives me the same issue so I'm

wondering where else I can look for a possible mistake in my configuration. 

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

• Content Provider

These clear scripts were done for LEDwiz and it was actually created for HyperPin because Hyperpine does not attempt to close out LEDwiz.  

PACled64 support came with DOF framework, so the above LEDwiz clear scripts probably won't work.  

Maybe Swisslizard can give us a DOF Off/Kill executable (since it supports so many controllers) that we can use with the Front End software

Maybe Swisslizard can give us a DOF Off/Kill executable (since it supports so many controllers) that we can use with the Front End software

Wow, I sure hope so.  That seems like the simplest way.  Thanks for your responses and input, gtxjoe!

• Content Provider

Hi

Sorry, for the late answer, but real life work is keeping me increasingly busy at the moment.

If DOF is shut down properly, which should happen on Controller.Stop, but also when VP exits, it will turn of all gadgets on exit.

However, it seems (also on my system) that VP does sometimes not exit as it should. Dont know why this is happening (sometimes I have similar issues as you), but I suspect that this is related to the management of the Pinmame COM object in VP.

Therefore there is not a lot I can do to help at the moment to solve that problem.

I have a plugin for PBX in the pipeline, which allows PBX to use DOF as well. When PBX is start using DOF it will also fix that problem since it will set the outputs to a new initial state (which means that everything is turned of). Once I have some more time to work on DOF, I hope to roll out the PBX plugin (still some open issues with the configs at the moment).

Another thing which might works as well, is to use one of the old fashioned scripts to turn off the outputs. Such scripts have been a popular solution for these problems, with the legacy VBS solution and Hyperpin. I guess the same scripts could be use in PBX (Never tried it).

All the best

Tom

Archived