Fish Tales Wip

rosve

• Content Provider

5%
5%

My new WIP is one of my all time favourite pinball machines, Fish Tales.

The playfield and mini playfield graphics are not the final ones yet. Will do more redrawing later on. I'm concentrating on getting all the playfield objects in place first.

Ft4

Hi Rosve,

First off, amazing work. Fish Tales is my all time favorite pinball table and you have done it justice. The first thing that struck me was the amazing lighting. The table looks great and flows really well, just like the real thing.

As someone who has played a lot of fish tales, here are three things I noticed that make this re-creation fall short of perfection:

Firstly, the boat shots do not seem to be working. Every boat shot makes the sound effect that the table makes when you hit the inactive side, and the boat shots do not result in increasingly intense roars, that lead up to the left loop shot to "catch the fish".

Second, there is a slight graphical animation glitch that occurs to the left of the bumpers, on the "child fishing" plastic when the ball is in the bumpers. This does not effect gameplay and you are probably aware of it.

Lastly, the notch at the base of the right side loop shot does not deflect the ball twords the center of the table when a ball is returning from a left loop shot like it did in previous recreations, the ball seems to kind of ignore it. I dont remember how much influence that notch had on the real table, but I know it effected it. This again is not a big deal but it does make it play a little different that previous recreations I have played.

Those minor issues aside, the game looks and plays great. The general illumination and flasher effects are fantastic. Thank you very much for all of the work that you put in to this recreation of my all time favorite table.

Good morning Rosve, really good looking table!!  The lighting effects are spot on :)

I also noticed the issue with the boat ramps. Looking at page 91 of the manual there are 2 switches on each loop, 4 in total. I think you need to add sw32 and sw33 just before the ball leaves each ramp onto the wire.

There's also a slight sticking point where the left hand ramp meets the wire on the right side (I hope this makes sense).

I'm playing around with some different flipper/table settings and can send you those if you would like.

All in all though another great recreation!!!  Cheers!

Rosve, nice table, plays very well, but the wool is right. I had a real fish tales and there are in total 4 switches. If you had a soft shot to the boat ramp the ball might turn and roll back the other ramp without going onto the wire. In this case "U-Turn" was displayed on the DMD. That is why you need 4 switches, 2 for each side (left and right ramp), and two on each side to indicate that the ball left the ramp over the wire. The switch for leaving the ramp over the wire is placed on the upper part of the wire construction, where the ball enters.

After each boat shot (ramp up and leaving via wire) one of the 6 small fishes is to be lighted ("school of fish"). If you have all 6 fishes lighted, you can go for monster fish (time bonus). So it is one of the strategies in fish tales, to shoot the boat ramps alternately (left, right, left, right etc.) to get the small fishes lighted. Smakx is right that you hear everytime an increasingly intensified roaring.

• Content Provider

Thanks guys for the feedback. An update is coming later today that should resolve everything that has been reported so far.

Just need a couple of hours to relax after a long flight before fixing the bugs :).

• Content Provider

New version with improvments suggested by LuvThatApex, Smakx, Hmueck, TheWool, tttttwii is uploaded.

BTW, the issue with the ball flying of the ramp is actually an issue that has started to occure in the latest builds of VP. The ball is actually moving right through walls and ramp sides if the velocity is high enough.

Thanks for the updated Rosve. I played quite a few games last night and think you've sorted all of the issues. It plays really nice, love the atmosphere...

Sometimes when I start this and some of the other newer GI tables in my cab, VP runs about 1 mph and I have to close it. Must be something to do with lack of resources, don;t think it's related to the table.

Enjoy the weekend, cheers! :D

p.s. thanks for that comment xio, Rosve has implemented GI in a really cool dynamic way!

AMAZING table, thanks a lot Rosve!

On my side, I'm experiencing some issues with the flippers not visible when starting the table. They become and stay visible only after pressing the flip buttons and moving them.

But the table is so nice that I can totally leave with it :)

Archived