Graphic Performance

gogo69

i am on a gtx 650ti and with the release of dx9 version of vp everything was buttery smooth.

with the latest tables (which are damn cool) somehow i experience more and more of the smoothness gone especially when i play those cool physics mod 5 tables. the pinball motion gets a little rough again and wander if there is anything i can do to get more performance out of this nvidia card. to be fair : i am totally spoiled by my gaming pc which playes those pinball tables on my desk with a gtx780 and a 144hz monitor... phys mod5 tables are really alive on this thing ....

what are your thoughts ? are you experiencing something similar ?

i guess i will have to hook up my gaming pc to my cabinet or throw another 400€ at my cab for a new card ....

or keep on playing a lot sideways :D

btw the 650ti is only for the playfield... onboard intel graphics are doing the backglass ..and a pinled is doing the blinky stuff

well i alread deactivated directb2s.. not much change ... it is always a little rough but keeps that way , it is not like there is a change at 13 ball multiball, i tried playfield and backglass on the gtx650ti and i guess it is a tiny notch worse so i hooked the backglass to my onboard graphics again.

i guess i am a FPS senstive person, as soon as it is not as smooth as i want the pinballs to fly around i lose all of the immersion

what is the 2frame paramteter ? you mean max prerendered frames ? it is @ 2 and fps limit at 120 on my cab

ok seems like my tv is the culprit , i hooked up my gaming pc to my tv and guess what , performance is the same like from the cabinet pc....

what i don't understand is why some tables look smooth and others not so smooth...

maybe i have to play around with the FPS in the VP menu to match tv pictures refresh rate...

BTW: if i hit F11 I get an avg of 550 FPS on CSI .... it must have something to do with the TVs refresh rate ...

on my PC monitors it looks completely smooth, i just don't know why the tv displays some tables buttery smooth and some tables a little rough , although the framerate is very high ...

damn i just found the setting that was cousing my stutter

on the tv i use the setting GAMING to get the picture from pc as delivered , but some how some setting of this profile where changed and i hat a custom standing under the setting in brackets...

so the tv was trying to calculate some kind of correction that caused my stutter ( especially when the ball is running near or unter gi )

i set the whole profile to default and now everything works again !

damn ! thanks for all your patience ...i am happy again :)   VP here i come

Archived