Any Way To Link Nudging To Dof With Shaker Motor?

Hey guys, one thing I have noticed since getting a Virtua cab and playing with DOF enabled tables is that nudging is a relatively silent process in Visual Pinball when in real life it is not :)

Is there any way to link nudging in VP9.9\PH5 to the shaker motor? Or can it be programmed in DOF support? Has anyone ever requested this before? 

I would say a max shaker motor signal for 1 sec should do it, getting any feedback when nudging the table would be awesome IMO.

What do you guys think?

Ah ok, thanks for the response. Perhaps that's a feature we can build into VP10 as an option independent of scrip where it accesses the LEDWIZ hardware directly when certain key buttons/combos are used in gameplay?

If it has to be added to every script that would an ideal use of the patcher that was released. I will check out one table to see if I can do that :)

Paulo

Funny you should mention this. I'm cooking up a similar toy right now, but not exactly what you're talking about.

Personally I think it would be a bit awkward to produce artificial feedback on a real nudge, because you're actually bumping the cab.

But on my cabs, I'm doing both real nudge AND artificial nudge buttons (using the red illuminated-square buttons with explosion graphics from the Judge Dredd cabs) for people (girls lol) that aren't comfortable trying to manhandle the machine. It's THOSE that I'm working on something for, because I think you should have an artificial physical feedback response since you only pushed a button.

Current prototype involves two tiny, unbalanced 6V motors mounted right near the flipper buttons. Just to give you a little BZZZ through the side panel on the side that you hit the nudge button.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Hi

Sorry, for the late answer, but real life work is keeping me increasingly busy at the moment.

This is not that easy to do in DOF. DOF doesn't know anything about the inputs, including nudging sensors, of a cabinet. Therefore the only solution (at least for now) would be to teach the table script to send some information to DOF (e.g. using a E-Table command), so DOF could react on that. I havent tried, but it might be possible to put some small addition for that into one of the vbs files which are included for almost all tables.

All the best

Tom / Swisslizard

Hi Tom, thanks for your input. I am in the process right now of researching a nudging sensor to install on my cabinet so I stop using the extra left and right buttons and map them to magnasaves. That way when I nudge or shake, I actually move the cab slightly so no need for a shaker activation :)

The solution you mentioned above sounds like a workable one. I am available for testing if you want to give it a shot :)

Thanks again,

Paulo

• Content Provider

Hi Paulo

If you want to go the route with the VBS files (maybe core.vbs) which are loaded from the table scripts, you will have to try yourself for now. I just havent got the time to dig into that topic right now. However, if you try and have questions, I'll be happy to help.

All the best

Tom

Archived