P3 Pinball Platform Emulation

mekurri2006

OT a bit, didn't want to start a new thread with this , but

Is it possible to add Mirror Blades to Physmod5 tables ? This would be so cool on so many tables, if not who do i contact for requesting this for PM6 ? Couldn't be that resource hungry because it would only have to mirror lights and not the ball at our table angle.

201410.jpg

Also, What's the chances between 0 and 100% of this ever happening, if its not possible or do i have more chance of seeing this :

7ntzF4x.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
if not who do i contact for requesting this for PM6 ? Couldn't be that resource hungry because it would only have to mirror lights and not the ball at our table angle

That would be "VP10" not "PM6".  PM5, or PhysMod5, is the 5th version of the experimental Physics modification that has been integrated into the upcoming VP10 (alpha form).   It just happens to be such a great update, and the VP10 release date is still uncertain, so people have picked up the experimental PhyMod5 version and started running with it despite the fact that it's supposed to be just a test.  

I think the concept of a mirrored surface would be great to have in VP10, but until/if that's developed, you can always hack it by drawing "mirror image" version of the surface you're looking to reflect (along with duplicate lights).   The Theater of Magic table and the Indiana Jones pinball tables have examples of this (even with a mirror image of the ball!).   It's really amazing what people have been able to do despite VP's limits. 

Yep looks like they are concentrating mostly on table construction for vp10, maybe we might see a more Emilia Pinball type interface :

editor20030616.jpg

Someone working on it at VPF said theres no chance of mirrored surfaces for VP10, but yes for future iterations.

Can't remember seeing "mirror images" on the walls for the tables you mentioned, but i'll check it out. PM5 version of IJ hasn't.

I agree totally, It's really amazing what people have been able to do despite VP's limits. These limits can be easily overcome if VP had some sort of external plugin support, then things like mirrored surfaces etc could be added much easier.

• 1 month later...

What's the chances between 0 and 100% of this platform ever being emulated on VP ?

Have to get hold of the dev kit first and even then, unless you're going to spend god knows how long converting the whole playfield surface to display images and figure out a COM hook to P3, hardly worth it. Maybe with Unit3d.

I don't think you necessarily need a P3 to develop, you just ideally would have one to test the games properly.

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1439.0

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1437.0

I've been at pyprocgame with VP for about 6 months now and have done all sorts with it, great fun, best pinball framework I've ever used. Once you get your head around it & Python you can crank out games quick.

What does take time is how much effort you're willing to put into the dots/display/video/audio, but that's pretty much standard issue with any game.

You're only really limited to what can run with the current python VPCom bridge. I've been using Micheals VGAdmd & a VLC libary to run video as well as dots. There's probably other python graphics libaries out there, anything runs with it.

I have made templates with VP that you can jump straight in on that have your bread & butter based on the JD code (trough with ball saves, instant info, high score, multiplayer, game stats, settings menu,acheivments), all you have to do is write your modes, everything is taken care of. You just set the machines balls, write your solenoid functions, lamp & switch numbers. It's ridiculosly easy and powerful for a pinball game.

I've been meaning to share and give help where anyone would need it. Kind of planning to with the Jaws conversion eventually but it's just not worth doing until VP10. VP10 is stalling me from finishing any one of mine too, I can't help myself making new ones.

Archived