Perspex Thickness?

KingofMetal79

Evening,

I am presently about to order some perspex to cover the playfield area (I am using this instead of glass as its cheaper and more practical for me). However, I was just wondering if anyone else had done this and what thickness they used? I note that generally a thickness of 6mm is used for tempered glass but this would be overkill I feel for perspex... Therefore how thin can I go without it bending or flexing???

Thanks in advance

ever hear of lexan?

Lexan is a registered trademark for SABIC Innovative Plastics' (formerly General Electric Plastics)

brand of a thermoplastic polycarbonate.

Polycarbonate polymer is produced by reacting bisphenol A with phosgene.

Lexan is the brand name for polycarbonate sheet and resin in a wide range of grades.

Lexan is mainly used in three domains: building (glazing and domes), industry (machine protection and fabricated parts

and communication and signage. Common usages include space and sports helmets,

clear high-performance windshields and aircraft canopies, motor vehicle headlight lenses, and bullet-resistant windows.

It is also used in textiles machinery for high-temperature and high-strength polymer application.

we used to protect shuffle alleys with the stuff by placing it over the holes so kids won;t be able tro cheat

BUT at a quarter inch the stuff can stop a 22 bullet at ten paces and take many blows from a 5 pound sledge hammer

• 3 weeks later...

Archived