Big Buck Hunter Wip

85vett

• Content Provider

Starting an official WIP thread for this table to centralize feedback on it here vs the other threads roam around out there on this title.

Here are the first teaser pics.  We actually have more than this but I'm starting with this pic as a start.  Reason being is between now and when I built the whitewood (basically what you see below) I've learned few new tips and tricks.  Due to this I'm going to upgrade things to the new standards.

1410456794.jpg

Here is a pic of the beautiful job ASOT did on the playfield redraw.  (This is a reduced size and resolution version of it)

1410457289.png

• Content Provider

I also know I'll sounds like a broken record here but I want to set proper expectations so I'll post my previous statement about the buck here too.

"Everyone just needs to know right now that the buck is not 100% and I doubt it will be 100% at any point unless the true rom script can be figured out.  Had some of the best minds on that and what I have on it now is the best we could come up with.  It's good enough for me as it allows you to play the table but I know some like an exact match."

• Content Provider

Summary of this update - "sometimes things need to get worse before better".

So, I basically ripped the table apart and am redoing it with primative post, rubbers, lights, pop bumper, bumper lights, gates, etc...  About time to try and do the plastics now.  Going to try frens tutorial to see if I can figure it out :-)

1410636101.jpg

• Content Provider

Do you have a manual on this or at least a switch matrix or solenoid table?

What is malfunctioning with the buck?

Unfortunately, no, Only thing I have is what is on Sterns website which is missing a lot.  Good part is it has the buck break-out atleast.

It doesn't have position swtiches for the buck.  It just rides on a screw.  It looks like it has a swtich that counts the number of turns for the screw which tells the game where the buck is at.  We just haven't been able to figure out how to get it to match up.  We know what soleniods and relays fire it and even what the 2 switches are but still the best that could be figured out was a chase type routine where the buck chases the lights.

• Content Provider

Just saw this in another thread from an owner -

"As for how the buck knows where he's going... Theres an opto interrupter (metal disc with notches in it) on one end of the drive shaft moves the buck. The software is obviously counting the breaks in the optos as the buck moves but if I recall right those optos dont register in the switch test. There might be something about this in the manual but my machine didnt have one"

• Content Provider

Ramp roughed in and started on my first primative plastic.  Took me about an hour to do the first one.  Still mapping image to it correctly but I think they will go faster now that I understand the process better.  Thanks fren for the tutorial.

1410905789.jpg

• Content Provider

A little more progress made over the last couple of days.  Got an Elk placed on there.  Just will need help getting an image on it.  Got some GI done and most of the plastics added.  Not real happy with the lower pappy porch top plastic and the dove plastic but this is the best I could find at this point.  Need to work on the ramp and the plastic for the upper lights.  After that I'll work on the physics and send out to my testers for play testing.

1411146261.jpg

Archived