Help With Some Dof Issues

jaharr01

Hey guys, I have tried to install DOF several times. I am out of town at present and can't be in front of my pincab. My setup is this A8 with windows 8 I have 3 screens, I have everything working ok including VP and direct b2s. The LED wiz is wired and works properly. I don't have legacy or any other led wiz software working on the computer. I first went to the DOF config tool and setup my ports and attached is my directoutputconfig file. The first time I set it up I got it working but then I changed something and it removed my active backglasses. So I deleted it all and set it up again. Then on this go around my table wouldn't start but the flashers and buttons would light up like it did when it worked the first time I got it set up. the third time I set it up I tried to configure it manually with no luck. I think that may have been because I don't have a cabinet configuration set up. Do I need the directoutputconfig file to get the auto configure to work?  This is how I set it up.

1. I unzipped the DOF into the plugin folder. 

2 I unblocked all the DLL files

3. I placed the directoutputconfig file in my tables folder

4 The plugins on the b2s backglass was checked already

I tried to follow all the steps as best I could. To note I have a couple of b2s tables that I couldn't get working like ACDC and attack from mars which had a .net error and shut the table down. I don't know if this may be one of the issues or not, but i have .net 4.0 on the computer. Originally when I had set b2s I had some monitor naming issues but it all seems to be working ok now. I would like to get this setup my wife is going to murder me if I don't. She is tired of me having me work on it all the time. 

Thanks,

Jay

directoutputconfig.zip

Nothing goes in table folder but a folder named "plugins" inside that make a shortcut to the "c:\directoutput" folder inside direct output folder make a "config" folder and place your dof online configs in that.

Resister dof and make sure you have latest b2s server 1.3 install that in the tables folder as usual and register that making sure all unblocked and run as admin like everything else.

You also need to modify your core.vbs file per dof instructions.

Tell your wife to get used to it...you will spend more time adding things then actually playing it! ;)

Well if she wouldn't bitch about that she would bitch about something else. I did the shortcut thing. I may have missed a step I'll check. I didn't modify the core vbs I'll double check that. Also I may have missed the confit file. Anyway I'll be back home on Monday I'll check then.

Hey since DOF only works on visual pinball. It wouldn't interfere with an LED software setup like blinky or FP launch? I don't want to make software conflicts,

Thanks a bunch for your quick reply

Visual Pinball core.vbs Adjustment

If you have used the VBScript solution to control your LedWiz before you will have to REMOVE the line loading ledcontrol.vbs from your core.vbs.

Depending on your version of core.vbs this line might looks like one of the following two:

ExecuteGlobal GetTextFile("ledcontrol.vbs")

LoadScript("ledcontrol.vbs"):Err.Clear

If you dont remove the mentioned statement you'll run into trouble since the framework and the ledcontrol.vbs solutions will run simultaneously!

Also you do need to install DOFr1 first as r2 is missing registration exe... have seen this be a issue a few times maybe swisslizard can include that with r3?

well that is my problem most likely I just installed R2 without R1

I'll do this:

1.install R1 then R2 with shortcut to plugins folder in table folder

2. change the lines in core vbs 

3. register and unblock

I should be good to go right?

Jay

• Content Provider

you can install r2 directly

for the core.vbs, or you remove the line 

LoadScript("ledcontrol.vbs"):Err.Clear ' Checks for existance of ledcontrol.vbs and loads it if found, if found but no ledwiz installed, clear error to allow loading of table

or you just remove the ledcontrol.vbs, then no need to touch the core.vbs, like i did, you won't go backwards once you will have dof working ;)

Working 

1.Scared stiff

2.T2

3.Twilight zone

4.Indiana Jones

5.Funhouse

6.Playboy

7.Circus Voltaire

8.Haunted House

9.Star wars

10.Tales from the crypt

Not working

1. Medieval madness

2. Attack from mars

3. Amazing spiderman

4. Big bang bar

I tested the tables with the led tester tool and they worked. It said something like "configuration file not found" on one of them. They are all B2s tables BTW.

Archived