Where To Start Configuring A Table ?

connorsdad

On the table "The getaway - high speed II" when multiball is activated (police chase) only 4 leds are lit red, the left flasher is off. How would I go about changing this so that all 5 are lit ?

I know absolutely nothing about making a config, I've only just set dof up, but I am willing to learn :)

• Content Provider

First of all you will need the table mmanual for the table you want to configure. IPDB.org is a good place to get the manual.

In the manual you will find tables of sitches, solenoids and lamps for the table. These are the elements you can use to trigger your effects.

Next you will have to define what DOF does for the table emements.

For a start, read the following page: http://directoutput.github.io/DirectOutput/inifiles.html#inifiles_settingsconfigouts

A settings will always consist of a trigger parameter (e.g. S48 for solenoid nr 48) and in most cases of some additional paras which define the settings for the effect.

The best way to try your own settings, is to use the Private Configuration fields in the config tool to everride the predefined settings.

• Content Provider

Lighting all LEDs on multi-ball is not so easy.  The challenge would be figuring out when Multi-ball is active based on the table solenoid, switch and lamp events.  

There is no one solenoid or lamp that indicates when Multi-ball is in session, i.e. if solenoid 20 is active, it's mult-ball time and light all 5 leds red.  l  Those 4 leds are lit red, probably because some individual/separate lamps or solenoids happen to be active during multi-ball.  But they can also be active during non Multi-ball play.

• Content Provider

At least in theory it should be possible to detect multiball situations:

Most pinballs have a bunch of swirches in the ball tray and other locations where balls are locked which tell the cpu of the game/pinmame where the balls currently are. Since dof2 allows for conditions as triggers it should be possible to detect if several balls are in play by checkinging the states of several switches.

• Content Provider

ok i just had a look, s27 is the beacon of the pinball, it is set to left outside, center and right outside.

in fact for those who have a beacon on your cab, you can remove s27 from the flashers, for the others, you can extend the s27 to all the flashers, and maybe add a fading to not having it at full intensity all the time, i don't recall how long it stays with beacon ON.

so S27 Red Blink f500 for a fade blink on and off of 1 second (not specifiying a duration is 1 second by default), if you want it quicker, you can have S27 Red Blink 400 f200, fading on off of 400 ms

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

On star trek from stern i like to do an effect when i shoot the ball out of the shooter lane, something simlilar to attack from mars. When i take a look in the manual i found a chart for the flashers on page 13 or have i to use the switch martix chart on page 2.

Think i found it coil chart on page y2 but what character s or e i.e. s2 for autoplunger or e2?

Is my first time i'm DOF a table.

Greetings

Karlson

• Content Provider

If I remember right, 

L is for lights (i.e L20)

S is for solenoid/coil (i.e S10)

W is for switches (i.e W13)

E is for custom events sent by table script. i..e E100 would be useable if you add something like DOF 100, 2     You must also have the Subroutine below in the script

Sub DOF(dofevent, dofstate)

If cController>2 Then

If dofstate = 2 Then

Controller.B2SSetData dofevent, 1:Controller.B2SSetData dofevent, 0

Else

Controller.B2SSetData dofevent, dofstate

End If

End If

End Sub

• Content Provider

Joe that method is deprecated  :lol:

out of my head i would say shooterlane switch inverted so we it unhits the switch, effect is triggered

W23 color(if needed) 60(you need to stop the effect because in an invert case, it will stay until you say it stops, you can put higher than 60 depending on what you want) Invert

ok here are the manual

Metallica

Manual

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/metallica/pro/421/MTLAB1.PDF

Switch matrix on page 103
Lampm artix on page 105
Coil chart on page 107

Walking Dead

Manual

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/games/the-walking-dead/pro/WD%20PRO%20MAN.pdf

Switch martix on page 12
Coil chart on page 15
Lamp martix on page 18

maybe i do something wrong newbie in dof thanks for your help.

• Content Provider

i don't see in the configtool that you have a private config where you do something with the shooterlane switch, it is W23 like the other SAM, so doing like the example i showed you should be fine

Archived