Uvp, Dmd And B2S Problems In All Vp Tables

TT11

Hi all,

Still plugging away at it.  I have noticed that basically all of my Visual Pinball machine (150+) have nothing but a static backglass image come up on my 2nd Monitor in my cabinet PC.  This is when I run machines from Hyperpin.  Where the scoring would/should be is just blank/black or even looks like an image taken of a backglass that had some scoring available once apon a time.

I have been trawling the forums to see if anyone has had similar problems = Total lack of any backglass scoring available under VP, but alas, I haven't seen anything like it.

Have checked all the xml files for any use of & and have found none.  Checked naming of tables and where they are placed (e.g. UVP Server and UVP directories with .uvp files all named correctly and sitting in the right place.  I have plenty more Future Pinball machines that are great.  It is all of the installed Visual Pinball machines that just don't have any scoring working.  When I load up the machines outside of Hyperpin they run fine, with some exceptions of Guns N Roses and Stern Playboy having B2S scoring sitting on the playfield monitor (see my other posts on this issue....!)  Have started UVP Server alone and closed it down as all the guides say to.  Has improved nothing.  Have ensured that all required scripting changes have been applied as previously advised is many other posts too...

Would it be advisable to update versions of VPinmame, Visual Pinball, etc. and maybe remove all tables from the Hyperpin xml file and go back to scratch on just 1?  

Inside Hyperpin I get the playfield and a bland static backglass image (which is also slightly off centre to the right of the screen).  Looks pretty bad.  Can someone tell me what a backglass should look like when running from just Visual Pinball as all I get when doing this is the playfield on monitor 1 and nothing shows on monitor 2?????

I'm going crazy as I realise that all of the VP tables will never make it across to FP.......

Did you ever have 'active back glass' working in the past?...and which kind?  Do you get any error messages or any clues that may indicate what's going wrong?

There are various types:

UVP

B2S

and directB2S.

Each has there own set of instructions/installation guides which can be found in the VP help centre. (dB2S tutorial linked below)

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&cat=7

-For UVP you need to install the UVP back glass server - I'm sure you've done this but maybe review the guideline and reinstall?  When I first got this going it took me a couple tries.

-B2S isn't generally used much any more except for EM tables since it's been largely replaced by dB2S, each table should come with instructions on how to install the B2S server and set up screen size, once installed all B2S tables will work out of the box.

-dB2S similar to B2S, once B2S server is installed the back glasses will work "out of the box" by enabling in the script.

Just to be thorough here it's safe for me to assume that you are changing the script portion that reads:

Set Controller = CreateObject("vpinmame.controller")

to one of the following:

Set Controller = CreateObject("UltraVP.BackglassServ")

or

Set Controller = CreateObject("B2S.Server")

The final thing I can think of that might help you is that you may need to install/update your FP launch (required for new dB2S)....that was my issue when I was first trying to get dB2S to work.  However you should be able to get all of the above methods to work outside of HyperPIN,  if they won't work outside HyperPIN they probably aren't going to work through HyperPIN either.  Although I will mention that I find that some times trying to launch UVP back glass won't always work until launched through HyperPIN first...not sure what's up with that but usually once configured with all the right files, named correctly in the right directories it should work fine outside of HyperPIN.

Hope some of this can give you insight to a solution.

TT has bought a new cab with 150 tables preinstalled (not very legal) but obviously not correctly.

I hope you didn't pay to much for tables cause you have a loooot of work to configure them all - installing some sort of active backglasses, setting replay levels, number of balls, configuring dip switches, configuring front end, installing instructions, flyer and replay level images, putting dmd to right location, setting layback, ...

This hobby is a lot of work in general :P

I fell out of the loop for almost a year and it took me weeks sparing what ever time I could to get all caught up to a "maintain" level once again, with updating all my tables, artwork, videos, vpinmame, exe's etc.

Me to  :lol:  :)

don't remember last time i was on forums, i played pinball for new year and this month had some parties for kids so pinball is in again

then found some neighbors that like pinball ...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks once again to everyone.  I happened to find the issue.  My Windows Screen settings had monitor 2 first and then monitor 1, rather than 1 next to 2 as it should be.  This must have happened when I uninstalled all cards, ram, usb items when vacuuming the cabinet to get all the dust out of all the components.....  When Windows booted up, it must have re-found the video card and somehow my outputs/monitors got switched in the process.....  As soon as I switched the order under Windows ALL MY SCORING WAS WORKING AGAIN.  Hallelujah !!!!  Enjoying another 100+ tables now.  SO HAPPY.  Thanks once again for all your assistance.

Archived