New Virtual Pinball - Help For Size And Tv

nicco84

Hi to everyone, i'm new in this forum, and after have completed a mame cabinet i like to have a virtual pinbal cabinet.

i read everywhere and i choice this forum for my first steps because i think it's the best

1) i have two choice of empty body: a sega baywatch and a Williams roadshow (with double launchball).... wich is te best choice? for size i mean. wich is the best TV that could fit in? 39"? 40"? 42". i know only that roadshow is bigger in width of 4 cm (from siderail to siderail)

i have to buy one of the two...... someone could help me?

thanks to everyone!!!

My first suggestion is, unless these are dirt cheap, but a flat pack from MAMEMAN instead of retrofitting a cabinet.  You have more flexibility this way.

Hmm...looks like his site is down temporarily, but a widebody flat pack ran $255.

If you go with a retrofit,I am not familiar with Baywatch.  Roadshow however appears to be a "Williams Widebody" which is the same style as the Judge Dredd I built my cabinet around and you could thus you my build (Crisis on Pinfinite Earths) or Chriz99's build over on hyperspin as a guide.

In my Williams Widebody, I used a Toshiba 46" LED TV.  Very important for a retrofit is that it fits.  It must in general be a 45.9" screen diagonal as opposed to a true 46", which some Toshiba's and Samsungs hit.  It should also be as thin as possible if you want to use standard siderails as I did.

I think I will choice the roadshow. Yes a wide body is better and I know that I need for that a 46". Honestly I didn't know roadshow was a wide body.

Thnks for reply spektre! Could you suggest me some link with some guides, hints and infos for newbie?

Archived