Time To Overhaul My Zizzle Pirates Of The Carribean Mini Hyperpin...

guruguy

Its been well over 16 months since I have touched my Zizzle POTC Mini Hyperpin from an updating standpoint. I have a lot of catching up to do and was hoping those here may be able to answer a few questions for me.

I have a fully functioning machine which has still be playing well but I haven't added tables in two years. It is running Vpinball912. Will I have a lot of issues updating to the newest version of Vpinball or has it all pretty much been backwards compatible?

I noticed the DIrectFramework which is supposed to eliminate all the stutter that can occur when trying to drive too many toys with the ledwiz etc? Is this something that I should go to (is it the new standard?), is it relatively easy to migrate to or does each table need new configuration?

Remember, I haven't touched hyperpin/vpinball in almost two years from a configuration/technical standpoint. Just remembering where things go is going to take me awhile. Any other useful info I should look at before I start my journey?

There are some really awesome tables like Dazz's 2025

Thanks for helping me catch up, I have a lot of searching to do, hopefully I can have my new machine built by next Houston Arcade Expo - would love to see Dazz bring his 2025 down for that!

P.S. I started trying to upgrade, so far all is well except that my DMD has lost its location and I can't seem to get it to set back to default. I used to use the setdmd program but that is not working now.

• Administrators

Hey man!

Did you not make it down to Dallas this past weekend?  Texas Pinball Festival was awesome! It really is one of the BEST pinball shows and tournaments in the country, but we just don't get the exposure like Expo or other northern shows get.

DoF is THE way to go! You shouldn't have any issued getting it incorporated on your cab. There is a line or two of code that you'll have to change on each table, but it's WELL worth the trouble. Get rid of any UVP's that you might be using!

I couldn't make it - though I definitely plan to be there next year. Your Pinball2000 style mini pin came out amazing, would have loved to see it in person.

I am working updating things now. I've updated vpinball and vpinmame, now my DMD position is messed up and even when I drag it to the correct area and leave it there then close the table it goes back to default. Did they change a setting for that somewhere? My DMD displays on a dedicated third monitor.

Next step - try out DoF and some of the B2S backgrounds. Hopefully it makes the tables fly and I can add some new toys that I wanted to implement from day one but just wasn't worth the 'struggle with slowdown balance'.

Guess this should really go in the vpinball section at this point, feel free to move it if needed.

Oh yeah Dazz, not to go too off topic, but did you ever get to play with the Battle Tag stuff? They have really done some amazing software upgrades to it in the past few months, TONS of new game modes, features, etc.

Archived