Nvram Won't Save

BrentsLane

Most of the time this happens because of wrong paths when vpm is installed.

Some had this problem because they had multiple vpm' installed and had the wrong vpm in mind when changing the paths.

Even if it were true about the readonly then the default hiscores should be displayed and it would not say that it didn't exist.

So best bet would be to check your paths in the vpm config...and if you have more than 1 obviously changing the right one.

Hope this helps.....

• Content Provider

Check to see if their is another VPmame.  We found that other one and I deleted it.  I didn't ever pay attention to looking for others though so that could still be it unless you've already done another search.

I know for sure the paths on the VPmame in the correct folder is correct as those are the ones I re-mapped (just to be safe).

At least we got the images back but we gotta get this part fixed too.

In the screenshot it's pinemhi that says it cannot find the nvram

Are you sure the hiscores aren't saved in the game itself?

There is a pinemhi.ini file in which you have to direct it to the nvram directory as well to get the hiscores in the pause menu.

Just a thought....probably won't help but who knows...

• Content Provider

That may help more than you think as I didn't even know about that .ini file so I didn't look to trouble shoot it for him.

Thanks for the tip!

Brent - I'm thinking this may be a problem since your files are not in the generic places.

• Content Provider

I'm trying to find the set-up file.  Haven't located it yet...

On a side note I did find something interesting in your files (I made a copy of your folder on my Hard drive just incase I screwed something up).  I found this log file for highscores and it says:

"No Such File : D:\Dean\Games\Emulatori\Visual Pinbal\NVRAM\afm_113b.nv"

Here is what I find odd.  I don't recall even seeing a "Dean" or "games" or even an "Emulatori" folder in your computer....  The program is mapping back to that and is where the error comes from.  DNADistruber's comments got me thinking about other logs when I found this one.

I was just going to PM you this info but after searching I've found several poeple that seem to have this same type of issue so I want to log everthing we are looking for to help out others down the road

• Content Provider

Found the file and this is probally the issue (fingers crossed) :-)

The set-up file is in your hyperpin folder.  Look for "pinemhi".

Open it up and copy and past the maps that we have in your VPmame settings to the "paths" section.  It's at the very top so you can't miss it.  It also has a section for future pinball so this may solve your FP issue too.

Archived