Stacked/chained Effects In Directoutput Framework

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Hi

I'm sorry that it took so long to answer your question, but I first had to get everything up and running again.

Here is a example of the stacked effects for led rgbled. The ValueRangeFullMap effect (not yet available in the public dof release) is the effect which has been assigned to a table element. If this table element changes it value it will trigger the assigned effect. The ValueMapFullRangeEffect will ensure that the value passed on to the traget effect is always 0 or 255  and will call the effect named "Ledwiz 01 Column 20 Setting 01 DefaultMinDurationEffect" next. Like that every effect along the ways will influence the trigger value until the RGBAColorEffect is called which controlls the toy and doesnt trigger another effect.

<RGBAColorEffect>
      <Name>Ledwiz 01 Column 20 Setting 01 RGBAColorEffect</Name>
      <ToyName>LedWiz 01 Column 20</ToyName>
      <LayerNr>1</LayerNr>
      <ActiveColor>
        <HexColor>#FFFFFFFF</HexColor>
      </ActiveColor>
      <InactiveColor>
        <HexColor>#FFFFFF00</HexColor>
      </InactiveColor>
      <FadeMode>Fade</FadeMode>
    </RGBAColorEffect>
    <FadeEffect>
      <Name>Ledwiz 01 Column 20 Setting 01 FadeEffect</Name>
      <TargetEffectName>Ledwiz 01 Column 20 Setting 01 RGBAColorEffect</TargetEffectName>
      <FadeUpDuration>250</FadeUpDuration>
      <FadeDownDuration>250</FadeDownDuration>
      <FadeDurationMode>CurrentToTarget</FadeDurationMode>
    </FadeEffect>
    <MinDurationEffect>
      <Name>Ledwiz 01 Column 20 Setting 01 DefaultMinDurationEffect</Name>
      <TargetEffectName>Ledwiz 01 Column 20 Setting 01 FadeEffect</TargetEffectName>
      <RetriggerBehaviour>Ignore</RetriggerBehaviour>
      <MinDurationMs>120</MinDurationMs>
    </MinDurationEffect>
    <ValueMapFullRangeEffect>
      <Name>Ledwiz 01 Column 20 Setting 01 FullRangeEffect</Name>
      <TargetEffectName>Ledwiz 01 Column 20 Setting 01 DefaultMinDurationEffect</TargetEffectName>
    </ValueMapFullRangeEffect>

Attention: The example above is from thw current work in progress version of DOF and is not 100% the same as in the current public release (ValueMapFullRangeEffect does not yet exist, RGBAColorEffect and FadeEffect are different).

If you want more examples you can easily export any table config which has been loaded from a ini file in xml table config format from the table config window of the DOF frontend (accessible through the B2S Settings window).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks - this is great.  I didn't realize that TargetEffectName was the key to building the stack.

Just out of curiosity, does the order in which the effects are defined in the XML make a difference? Will I run into an issue if I reference an effect name that is defined later in the file?  The example seems to explicitly avoid that kind of situation.

Archived