Any ALTSOUND gurus here?

• Content Provider

Hey guys! I'm posing the same question here as I did over at VPF, so hopefully I'm in the right place. Just a simple question..

Can you control the sounds in an altsound folder through the script in VPX of a rom-based table? I'm not talking about replacing or muting sounds in the folder and altsound CSV, I mean, can you script in VPX to control those particular Sound ID's?

Example: So if you have something like this in the altsound folder's CSV...

ID,CHANNEL,DUCK,GAIN,LOOP,STOP,NAME,FNAME
0x00EE,0,100,70,100,0,start_game_b&b_theme_song,0x00EE-start_game_b&b_theme_song.ogg

I want to be able to script something like:

If altsound file "0x00EE" = true

then stopsound "0x00EE"

and play random sound "------" (This could be 1 of 8 random songs in the music folder or maybe the sound manager).

Excuse my rudimentary script but hopefully this makes sense. lol.

Will the VPX script recognize the altsound sound ID through Vpinmame?

I know you can silence the all ROM sounds in the script and in the settings but I need more of the above to happen.

Can anyone confirm if this can be done?

This is probably not the solution you are looking for, but what about just exporting your current sounds and leveling everything off how you'd like using Premiere or another editing program?

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, mlaw said:

This is probably not the solution you are looking for, but what about just exporting your current sounds and leveling everything off how you'd like using Premiere or another editing program?

Yeah, thanks for this but definitely not the solution. I appreciate your response though. :)