VPX Originals and Free Play

Hi guys,

First of all I'm new here and I don't mean to step on any toes so if I'm spouting heresy/nonsense let me know.

Maybe I'm old or whatever but I enjoy adding coins into the machines before playing (even in the digital sense) and sometimes I come across a VPX original table which is awesome but there is ONLY a free play option. No ability to enter coins at all.

Is there a way for me to learn how to add this option into these tables? Is it way more complicated than I think it is? How can I help table authors add this feature? I am willing to learn/help and offer this code to authors who dont have this on their originals if I can. If its a personal tweak thing I can do that as well.

I really just dislike only having a free play option (its a me thing with my cabinet setup). Is there already code snippets for this available I can simply add and recompile script to add? Maybe I just need to reconfigure my buttons in a way for these specific tables, is that possible? 99 out of 100 tables work as I have it configured its only  generally an issue with free play tables.

If someone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it and sorry for the new guy question.

• Content Provider

Look at the key down subroutine in any of jpsalas original and you will see the coin commands.  It's a bit complicated and involves the coin keys as well as the start key.  You may need to add some variables.

If multiple players can play the game it becomes a little more difficult