New release: v2.2.2

freezy

Hi all!

Just a small update to keep up with the latest changes from Zedland. For ZeDMD users, be sure to update to the latest firmware v3.6.0.

The main changes are that dmdext is now using the unified libserum library for colorization, which is also built into VPX standalone. This allows the Serum team to update only one binary that will then be applied to multiple projects, resulting in less maintenance. Thanks to @mk47 and @zedrummer for their continued support!

Also I'd like to welcome PinDMD v3.1 users from VirtuaPin who are now using Open Source software! It's a ZeDMD!

Changes:

• Updated libserum to v1.6.2
  • Updated ZeDMD driver to v0.7.2.
  • Fixed a bug in how to render alpha-numeric numbers on DMDs (thanks @toxie!)

Download as usual here.

Enjoy!

-freezy.

EDIT: Those of you who have a ZeDMD, also have a look at the breaking changes, they probably impact you.

Edited by freezy

Hi Freezy, would any of these updates allow my pindmd v3 from Virtuapin to play  Diner, Bugs and Bad Cats without lag that I’ve been trying to run on my cabinet since the latest freezy update from last September of 2023.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Redwings13 said:

Hi Freezy, would any of these updates allow my pindmd v3 from Virtuapin to play  Diner, Bugs and Bad Cats without lag that I’ve been trying to run on my cabinet since the latest freezy update from last September of 2023.

I don't think so, but let me know.

If they are colored with 64 colors, chances are it lags because it switches to RGB24 because PinDMD3 doesn't support the 6-bit frame mode. Maybe one day we can fix that in the firmware...

Edited by freezy

38 minutes ago, freezy said:

I don't think so, but let me know.

If they are colored with 64 colors, chances are it lags because it switches to RGB24 because PinDMD3 doesn't support the 6-bit frame mode. Maybe one day we can fix that in the firmware...

Like I said in other post, Luckys .dlls will run those three perfectly well. But I’ve had to many other issues running Luckys .dlls, so I’m running yours because things run more smoothly.  Thanks again.