VPX 10.8 Performance/Benchmarking

Hello! 

Recently, I have noticed a trend in the VPX 10.8 Beta thread at VPF some discussions regarding performance. While this is important to talk about, I think it deserves a separate thread as some of it may lie under expected behavior based on graphics parameters and machine specifications. If the problem is determined unique to 10.8 or a specific build, definitely submit a report (along with system information / specifications / build #) and clear steps to reproduce to the GitHub (https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/issues).

With this thread, I aim to open talks of performance optimization in the new era of Visual Pinball X. BIOS adjustments, hardware recommendations, software configurations, and "odd" solutions of any kind are all things that might come up. Given how script-intense the most realistic of tables are (and the resulting stutter), I think we're due.

Hopefully this leads down a positive road for everybody :)

----

To kick things off, I have an observation from my own testing I'd like to point out. I recently swapped out my AMD motherboard for an LGA socket due to horrendous stutter on VPW/nFozzy tables. After countless hours of testing between multiple workstations in my house, it was determined that the amount of stutter seemed to depend on single-core performance. Here's the short version; my previous rig was used a Ryzen 7 3700x + RTX 3090 + 32GB RAM, at 1440p. After migrating to an Intel Core i7-12700k with the same GPU, the stutter nearly ceased completely (even with the RAM frequency on the Intel rig manually set to 3200mhz to mimic the old setup). See this link for a single-core performance comparison between the two CPUs: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/3485vs4609/AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X-vs-Intel-i7-12700K

I wonder if any of you have had a similar experience, or if you have deeper knowledge of VPX script handling that could indicate something else. Right now, my conclusion is that single-core performance is absolutely crucial for the highest tier experience. 

Edited by TalNas3