G-sync compatible monitor importance?

wdm1984

Looking at monitors for an upcoming build - what importance, if any, is there in getting a monitor that is g-sync compatible for use as the playfield?

Specifically the 43" ASUS ROG Swift (G-Sync compatible) vs ASUS Rog Strix (FreeSync).

The computer has a 4070ti and processor is RYZEN 7800X3D.

I've already got the computer and testing VPX on a basic single monitor - but I don't have a 4k monitor yet and waiting on cabinet build so I can't fully test the limits of what it can output in 4k.

Is G-sync/freesync only useful for VPX if the framerate drops below the monitor refresh rate? Or is it possibly a non-issue for this videocard in a 3 screen cabinet that only has the playfield at 4k? 

Also, when I look at Nvidia site, they list the ASUS PG43UQ as 'upcoming driver' on the compatibility section, which sounds like the driver isn't even available yet and makes me lean toward getting the Strix freesync version.

The question ends up being - would the playfield for this setup get any benefit on the Swift vs the slightly cheaper (and more readily available) Strix display?

I have a 3060ti running a 3 screen setup, with playfield at 2k resolution. The pf monitor is 180Hz and has g-sync, but I have disabled it as I can generally hit 180fps on almost all tables with a few tweaks here and there. I have capped the gpu at 180fps in the nVidia software.  In short, I'm not sure gsync is needed much if you have a decent gpu, which you do.