My second build (1st build pics here) - going to 32" from a 24" desktop DIY build - advice needed

Brucey

Hi VPU community, I built a 24" desktop vpin a couple of years back - I absolutely love it with it's base transducer and sound, however I'm now keen to have a bigger playfield and have all the SSF / Haptics etc (go to town basically).

I don't have space for a full size pinball machine, therefore I will be going for a 32" 3/4 size build - I'm just trying to work out the best way to go about this.

I was going to draw up a custom cabinet design and build it in Ply from scratch (full kits here in the UK aren't easy to come by), however I've recently seen Atgames Legends modding projects that look like they'd save a LOT of time and effort and get a professional quality pre built cab for fairly reasonable money (£899 GBP).

I'm only really interested in the cab build from the Legends machine - the finished cab. artwork, buttons/placement, playfield mount (maybe keep pf screen but likely upgrade), Lock down bar, trims, pf glass, legs etc - I would use it as a shell. It might sound wasteful but I've heard bad things about the pf screen quality and also I'm not a fan of the backbox - that would be rebuilt for a 3 screen setup. I'd just use a PC and my VPX tables - not the Legends UI.

I guess my questions are:

• Has anyone modded a legends cabinet in a similar way?
  • Would you recommend going the DIY build route or the heavily modded Legends route?

I've attached some pics of my previous build, maybe you can see what my ability is, I'm sure I can build a proper fully kitted out cab, it'll just take a very long time and a ton of research.... but last time around it was so rewarding!

Thanks for any help, Cheers

20220220_154549.jpg

20220214_184120.jpg

20220214_214342.jpg

20220215_133601.jpg

20220216_151909.jpg

20220211_164103.jpg

Edited by Brucey

• Brucey changed the title to My second build (1st build pics here) - going to 32" from a 24" desktop DIY build - advice needed