Complete Table List?

Itchigo

• Administrators

We could start a database for this, but I'd need to know what all fields you want to see on the database.

As far as naming, personally I use  Table_Name[VPU or VPF database ID](v1.x)

For instance; The excellent South Park by our oooplayer1ooo

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2394-south-park-sega1999oooplayer1ooo10fs916/

I would name this

South_Park[VPU2394](v1.0).vpt

This tells me that I downloaded it from VPUniverse.  The download ID for that table is 2394 which is found in the URL of the download for that table.  Then the version number of that table.  This way I know what table, where I downloaded it from and what version I currently have.  

• Administrators

Artwork is named differently.  HyperPin uses Description field for artwork.  The description field should be Game Name (Manuf YEAR). There isn't a need to rename any of the artwork. If a revision comes out, I download the new one (it should have the same ID), change the version number and update the Game Name field in my XML.

How about mods? eg night mods etc. In some instance they may have different IDs

I while ago I think there was talk of a sync utility to help manage and keep a track of tables. Is this still being discussed?

A database/app would be awesome! If all the fields are stored eg table name, year, manufacture, author, version etc etc etc I assume we could then do something like create our own naming convention and generate an xml I guess something similar to ledwiz config tool.

• Content Provider

I was more thinking the tables that had been done, which had been modded to fs, which are b2s, db2s, etc. All the different versions/revisions aren't important to me. Or even a spreadsheet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

500 tables? 800 tables?  I'm not even at 130 tables that I've found that meet the standard of tables I, personally, deem worthy to have on my cab.  Since I take my cabinet to shows and pinball parties on a regular basis I run only the best of the best tables. I can't take my cab to a show or party with 25 to 3000+ die-hard pinheads and show them tables with blurry images or tables with bad physics, IE no FP tables.

I have low standards in many areas of life ;)

I like the history of it. The cultural/artistic side. And, above all, it's very fun.

So I would rather see a blurry Picasso than no Picasso.

Second to the joy of playing pinball is seeing the tables all scrolling in attract mode of Pinballx.

But I'm just a dude in a basement with some extremely jealous friends. If I had the high stakes situation you're in, I'd streamline too.

If you ever find the torrent, please let me know... ;)

The torrent is out there  :D  its got zero seeds lol.  The tables and programs get updated so often... Torrents become outdated pretty quick.

update...

I visited a old rom torrent site i used to frequent and they have a visual pinball torrent last updated 08-10-13. 37gigs lol.

Not sure if we can share links here so pm me on rogue about it itchigo  :)

The torrent is out there  :D  its got zero seeds lol.  The tables and programs get updated so often... Torrents become outdated pretty quick.

update...

I visited a old rom torrent site i used to frequent and they have a visual pinball torrent last updated 08-10-13. 37gigs lol.

Well final word is obviously Dazz's but I though that was the point of this site that you could say what you want without Big Brother booting out of the park.

• Content Provider

Yeah, Dazz with you going to shows- I get that. We have more freedom as the average user. But if I want to play a certain game, and it's only a "Pinscrafters Special" (Pins in about an hour) ™ :P , I'll play it if it's the only version of it.

I'm kind of new to torrents and the like. Is there anything to worry about with a vp torrent? I mean it's not the same as a movie. I'd guess the roms are a grey area, but the table setup shouldn't be, right?

The neat thing is, in a week there'll be a new table on Rogue, not on ANYONE'S list..... :o

• Administrators

Its not a big deal for one lol..and in 2 days it will be outdated

share the link who cares.. this is  not VPF ..1379372758.gif

But wtf I know.............................................................................................

500 tables? 800 tables?  I'm not even at 130 tables that I've found that meet the standard of tables I, personally, deem worthy to have on my cab.  Since I take my cabinet to shows and pinball parties on a regular basis I run only the best of the best tables. I can't take my cab to a show or party with 25 to 3000+ die-hard pinheads and show them tables with blurry images or tables with bad physics, IE no FP tables.

Yea, but we all don't require them to be perfect. For me it is about being able to spin thru a massive list of tables and try new ones out. That and I am OCD and have to have them all!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived