Looking For Suggestions On Gpu For Playfield

Gathering up info for components for a PC build for my 3 monitor cab. The backglass and dmd (LCD) will use the integrated graphics and I need to get a GPU for the playfield but I can't afford a crazy expensive card. I will not be playing hardcore games with it, just VP. Here is what I have:

GIGABYTE GA-H81M-H LGA1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb USB 3.0 Micro ATX Motherboard 

Will be getting an intel core I5 quad core processor

My playfield monitor is an Insignia NS-40D510NA15 - 40" Class LED TV with the following specs:

http://www.cnet.com/...e-led-tv/specs/

Can someone please recommend an express X16 GPU that won't break the bank but will give me decent playability? 

I did have my cab connected to my Dell XPS desktop using only the integrated graphics for all 3 monitors and It seemed to work fine for the most part. But not sure what I'm missing by not using a separate GPU for the playfield. The motherboard I ordered has display port, DVI, and HDMI but I would assume I should get a GPU for the playfield for better results?

• Content Provider

I'm only running 2 screens. But I have the same playfield tv as you do. I'm getting NO issues with a GTX 280 (1gb DDR3)..

I'm running a Gigabyte z-68 with an I-5 2400k.

I'm not saying to go that low, but as you can see I'm running good on an old card, and our setups are similar. So what I am saying is you don't need to get crazy.

I noticed there are several variations of GTX 750 TI 2 gb with some being much cheaper. This one has both HDMI and Display port:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti-02G-P4-3755-RX-2GB-128-Bit-GDDR5-PCI-Express-3-0-w-ACX-/381247961970?hash=item58c4263b72

what is the difference? The above also has 2 fans. I just don't want to spend more than I have to. My budget is around 100.00 for a card. Does anyone know if the above is OK to use for playfield or what the difference is betwee that and the other one in the prior post?

Thanks

• Content Provider

The difference is usually in the type and # of outputs. The chip would be the same - I figure. Of course assuming onboard memory is the same.  evga is a brand - Nividia is the model (vs amd) of the gpu. Asus is another brand that sells an nvidia 750ti chip. (Be sure- you have an empty PCI-E slot - you likely do)

Archived