[New VPX Alert]Rocky TKO Tribute

• Content Provider

Rocky TKO Tribute

Rocky Tko Tribute

My first release... ( But please thank all the VPNation guys )

Thank you to JP SALAS for allowing Phenom to mod his  Ali table and always being so supportive of these projects and always helping out without hesitation. Thanks to BuffaloPinBro for the music mix implementation, VR Room, and helping with the b2s and testing. PinballPicaso for the awesome Vr Art. Thanks to Goldchicco for the table mods and his continued support. Special thanks to Dazz for hosting.

Big thanks to all the VPNation gang for helping with this project. If ive missed anyone im sorry, you guys rock!

Special notes:

Vr Ready

Right magnasave changes song.

Folder named rocky must be placed in vpx music folder. You can add more if you wish.

Media pack included.

Please add your own music to the Rocky folder. You can add any mp3 that you own. Please support the artist.

Hopefully in the future a KO Pup Pack from Hawkeyez88 and maybe just maybe a LE release

Enjoy

This table looks great, but I'm having trouble with the music.  I put it in the C:\Visual Pinball\Music folder, in a subfolder called rocky, but I get this error when I try to run the table:

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 288
Path not found

Line 288 says this:

Set folder = FileSystemObject.GetFolder(musicPath + myMusicFolder)

Any ideas?  I remember trying to use this script on a different table and that one never worked for me either.  I appreciate any help!

EDIT:

Nevermind, I figured it out.  I have my Visual Pinball 10 tables in a subfolder, C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\VPX which was breaking the code.  I got it working now.  Thanks for the beautiful table!

16 hours ago, jennvee said:

This table looks great, but I'm having trouble with the music.  I put it in the C:\Visual Pinball\Music folder, in a subfolder called rocky, but I get this error when I try to run the table:

Runtime error
-------------
Line: 288
Path not found

Line 288 says this:

Set folder = FileSystemObject.GetFolder(musicPath + myMusicFolder)

Any ideas?  I remember trying to use this script on a different table and that one never worked for me either.  I appreciate any help!

EDIT:

Nevermind, I figured it out.  I have my Visual Pinball 10 tables in a subfolder, C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\VPX which was breaking the code.  I got it working now.  Thanks for the beautiful table!

For those that run into this error and in a subfolder the fix is to alter line 286 to this (add a period which tells script to come up an additional directory from subfolder):

musicPath = FileSystemObject.GetAbsolutePathName("..") 

On 9/26/2021 at 4:38 PM, sundogak said:

For those that run into this error and in a subfolder the fix is to alter line 286 to this (add a period which tells script to come up an additional directory from subfolder):

musicPath = FileSystemObject.GetAbsolutePathName("..") 

Thank you, that is very helpful!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

i LOVE EVERYBODYS WORK HERE ( CAPS ).

But: why make this so complicated...From 10 pins I up load, maybe 6 or 7 works. the others, I loose so much time restart computer or Frozed screen, trying to figure it out..

then learning theres another plug in I still dont have..Like I said , Love the work, but Looks like I need a computer course to understand all that is happening..in some of thoses pins..

I dont wanna be rude, I know you do this from passion, but think of some of us that dont have the skills you have. try to make it easier to us .

thanks for understanding my frustration.

1 hour ago, massico88 said:

I dont wanna be rude, I know you do this from passion, but think of some of us that dont have the skills you have. try to make it easier to us .

thanks for understanding my frustration.

I get your frustration, but I fear it's the nature of the beast.  VPX and FP are built on a variety of programming languages and routines, and both run on an operating system that many don't find user friendly.  Considering the number of different individuals contributing their expertise, it's a marvel that these simulations run and play at all.  The fault doesn't lie with the creators (at least, not in the main), but with the tools available.

If you had entered this hobby ten years ago you would have seen very basic games with unrealistic action, but look where we are now.  And the future is ever brighter with the development being done on VPE, so in that sense we are indeed working on making it easier for you and others.  Give us some time, and your patience will be rewarded.

Not exactly true. If you entered this hobby 10 years ago, you would still find good tables. Guys like jimmyfingers where able to make good playing tables; of course, not looking like a vpw release. If only VP could do what it can today, I bet that the quality of the releases would have been higher as well.

And, 10 years ago. Guys whine now about how hard this all is - it is NOTHING compared to 10 or 15 years ago when I first learned about VP. There is installers that put everything into its correct place and after that it is just a question about reading some faqs and being able to repeat them.

Thank you so much for answering my (( frustration ))... I am a noob as youd say, but I love it, I wish I was younger so I could learn thoses, programs and enjoy making thoses Pins myself, unfortunatly,all I can do now is

installing thoses ...and play with them, thank you for the sharing. 

1 hour ago, Thalamus said:

Not exactly true. If you entered this hobby 10 years ago, you would still find good tables. Guys like jimmyfingers where able to make good playing tables; of course, not looking like a vpw release. If only VP could do what it can today, I bet that the quality of the releases would have been higher as well.

And, 10 years ago. Guys whine now about how hard this all is - it is NOTHING compared to 10 or 15 years ago when I first learned about VP. There is installers that put everything into its correct place and after that it is just a question about reading some faqs and being able to repeat them.

I have pretty vivid memories of TOM and TOTAN being pretty damn good…very playable…around 2005 on a CRT monitor, with an Xarcade fight stick system. Oddly of all the things I had on that MAME cab, I played those 2 tables 90 percent of time. 

• 4 months later...

So how do the rom sounds (assuming thats what the slingshots and bumper sounds are) get turned down. They come out my main speakers and if I crank them for the music I get ear blast of the table sounds.

I tried End and the numbers but didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, freebird1963 said:

Seems like every other time I play it I get the error bass init has not been successfully called.

Music plays one time find. Then next time start table get that. 

Seems like I solved this one. I F1 and turned off Sounds and Samples and now I haven't gotten that bass hasn't initialized error anymore. Not sure which one unchecked fixed it as not sure what either one does.

20 minutes ago, freebird1963 said:

Seems like every other time I play it I get the error bass init has not been successfully called.

Music plays one time find. Then next time start table get that. 

After unchecking samples/sounds that loud ding and other loud sounds went away. Yipppeee lol. now i can hear the ball rolling and other normal pinball sounds lol.