[New VPX Alert]Ren & Stimpy Space Madness (Clairvius 2024) Table & PupPack

Ren & Stimpy Space Madness (Clairvius 2024) Table & PupPack

Ren & Stimpy Space Madness (Clairvius 2024)

This table is a reskin of wrd1972's Dr. Dude. Be sure to read the install instructions as this table will require you to edit your VPMAlias.txt file in order to run. Zip file includes everything you will need: media, table, rom, pup, and b2s. b2s is included mainly for 3 screen setup, I would not recommend playing without the pup pack as all table sounds come from the pup. Rom sounds are muted.

Huge thanks to @wrd1972 for allowing me to use his Dr. Dude table to make this, as well as all of the other creators that has worked on his table. Also, want to give a big thanks to @Gman77 for testing out this table for me and giving me some much needed pointers on how the pup should be done.  Thanks to @Wildman as well for telling me how to make the image rotate on the B2s backglass.

This is my 2nd table reskin. I have a bunch of hours in this one, I hope everyone enjoys it. If you have any issues just let me know and I'll try and help you out.  

Bust out a pack of Anti-Gravity gum, strap on your lederhosen, and prepare to blast off into Space Madness. 

I am having an issue where DrDude shows in the DMD screen no matter what option I choose for the pup setup.
A friend has a similar 3 screen cab setup and he resolved it by running in 32bit.    That is not working for me.  Alias is present. Files are in the dd_l2RSSM folder.  Pup, flex, vpmame, etc are all current.  I feel like I've tried everything but maybe someone here has another idea?  :)

Thank you for the reply JoeMars, but I had already removed that space and also checked for the letter "l" versus the number "1"  
It is still a mystery.

i'm sure i'm doing something wrong but, the pup simply will not start at all. i have the right rom, i put in the alias(and remembered to remove the space) i've tried with both pup options(slim and full) and no matter what it doesn't start. normally when i hit an issue like this it means i need to turn the puppack on in the script for the table...but i see no such option. any ideas?

Table looks cool, Got the Pup pack running 2 screen (desktop left screen is Playfield, Right screen is backglass w/ DMD and Topper). I also copied the media contents to the C:\vPinball\PinUPSystem\POPMedia\Visual Pinball X\... like folders. All I hear is the table sound. No Ren and Stimpy sounds or music at all. What did I do wrong?

Just adding that I'm having the same problem. Its like the pup is not running. 

Tried renaming the dd_l2RSSM folder to something else and the table script then errors complaining that it cant find it so its like its trying but isnt playing for some reason.

On 5/22/2024 at 11:17 AM, BraveNewSoma said:

Confirming the Dr Dude issue

image.thumb.png.8be4fab7d872fb974dc3588619497214.png

Hi !

Same problem here. I can see the Dr Dude FUlDMD on startup. It is covered by the puppack when I start a game.

I'm stumped as well.
I'm getting the error:   Line: 231  Game not found!

I removed the space in the Alias file.

Copied the DL'd Rom file to ROMS folder, renamed to dd_l2RSSM  (copied and pasted the name from the Script).

Tried multiple times and re-downloaded all files.  This is driving me crazy, I have almost 300 tables DL's and running fine with the latest 10.8 RC3 and latest vpinmame.

Please help, table looks fun!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2024 at 8:58 PM, MPTech said:

I'm stumped as well.
I'm getting the error:   Line: 231  Game not found!

I removed the space in the Alias file.

Copied the DL'd Rom file to ROMS folder, renamed to dd_l2RSSM  (copied and pasted the name from the Script).

Tried multiple times and re-downloaded all files.  This is driving me crazy, I have almost 300 tables DL's and running fine with the latest 10.8 RC3 and latest vpinmame.

Please help, table looks fun!

It's deff a problem with the alias you are having. Show me your VMPAlias.txt file i'll check it out for you. Also make sure you are editing the VMPAlias.txt in the vpmame root folder and not the table or visual pinball folder