Need guidance with PinUp Player

• Content Provider

Hi everyone

Using PinUp Player, with updated Backglass server, FreezyDMdD, and VPX. Table is Terminator 2, using PUP-Pack

Problem is I want to use the Backglass with video on my third screen above the DMD and use the authentic Backglass of T2 on the second screen.

I got the DMD placed right and was able to assign the authentic Backglass to Other/Backglass2 and use the regular Backglass with video on screen 3. Problem is when I load up the table from VPX the top Backglass doesn’t always load up.

When I try to use PinUpDisplayConfig, the bat file doesn’t load up the config screen. I have to CTRL-Alt-Del to cancel PinUpPlayer so I can get it working again. This seems like there’s a chance the player is loading somewhere and I’m not seeing it.

I tried editing the PUP Pack itself but wasn’t sure if it was a good idea to start messing with positions and stuff.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Content Provider

So after messing with the PUP pack editor and the display config, here’s what I don’t get

The Backglass is set to use the mp4 that came with the pack. Can I direct the file to use the d2bs file instead?

I want to put the video from the PupPack that plays during game above the DMD instead. Not that I don’t appreciate the work done but the video gets missed since I’m looking at the playfield instead of the Backglass.

So am I right in thinking that the Display config are just empty shells that I can put whatever I like into, like PNG, JPG and other mp4?

Or is each name set, like the Backglass is the Backglass file and the Topper is the Topper file and so forth?

• Content Provider

Ok I solved it, sort of.

I was able to keep the FreezyDMD in place by editing the registry of the rom file. I don’t want to have to do this with each game so I will try to set the UseRegistry to false in the DMDDevice.ini and see if that works.

I was able to move the videos from the Backglass to the Topper screen which I placed above my DMD on the same monitor. By changing the desired screen number for each trigger in PinUpPackEditor all the videos would play on the screen I wanted.

For the Backglass, I really like the look of the original direct2bs screens, so I didn’t change the name of the file and VPX called the b2s server and pulled up my original Backglass. It doesn’t animate during gameplay but it does when game is over and in attract mode. Anyone have an idea as to why?

I’ve closed and reopened the table a few times and so far so great.

Questions are, am I doing something extra by having the d2bs glass on view, I couldn’t seem to do it via PuPlayer, and didn’t want to have to make a whole new mp4 just to fit the glass.

There’s a green line on the edge of the video. Can anyone suggest how to deal with it? I don’t know if it’s embedded in the actual clip but if so I may have to make a black overlay for the vid. The original overlays were nice but didn’t suit my needs.

Thanks to TerryRed for his great tutorials on PuP Packs!

79c2dc1c84388c5e323896eb41ae6200.jpg

Try a different back glass
-
Set to false
; use VPM's registry values when positioning the virtual dmd
useregistry = false

Add this to the bottom of the DmdDevice.ini file
See here --> https://github.com/mjrgh/dmd-extensions
[rom name]
virtualdmd left = 2500
virtualdmd top = 800
virtualdmd width = 1024
virtualdmd height = 256

-

Is that green line there when you run the video by itself, if so
In the puppack edit you should be able to stretch the screen just a hair To the right I think

Archived