dmddevice.dll crashing

Wob

• Content Provider
Sounds like the palette is not loaded. Check the path and naming of the pin2dmd.pal file. Is working on my cab.
It was working previously, but I'll double check and let you know.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Sounds like the palette is not loaded. Check the path and naming of the pin2dmd.pal file. Is working on my cab.

I did a test using Freezy's dll and the dmddevice.log file shows it is loading the correct pal file, colours look wrong on both the pin2dmd and the virtual dmd. Maybe I am remembering the colours wrong, but I am sure it looked better previously, one obvious one is the Monkey us mostly pink.. I'll try and capture some video to demonstrate.

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I did a test using Freezy's dll and the dmddevice.log file shows it is loading the correct pal file, colours look wrong on both the pin2dmd and the virtual dmd. Maybe I am remembering the colours wrong, but I am sure it looked better previously, one obvious one is the Monkey us mostly pink.. I'll try and capture some video to demonstrate the colours I am seeing.

• Content Provider
13 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I did a quick capture of it using Freezy's Virtual DMD, I was playing remotely, so not quite able to make my shots, but I think you get the idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxfqVx9Svhs

• Content Provider
Could it be that you run the game with the unpatched ROM ?
Hmm, I wouldn't think so, as I mentioned it was working fine previously, I'll re-download the patch and apply again, just need to get all the tools again, haven't done a diff in ages.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Could it be that you run the game with the unpatched ROM ?

First off my apologies, you were 100% correct, it seems at some point vpinmame as become a little more particular on this rom name, or at least in my case.

I did a quick check in vpinmame of the rom, oddly it passed the CRC check, as its patched it shouldn't, I have the zip named fg_1200af.zip but the rom inside was named fg1200af.bin.  This in itself might have been OK, but I also have fg_1200ag.zip that happens to have a fg120af.bin in it, It would seem vpinmame was choosing this as the rom rather than the patch, parent rom, correct CRC I guess.. Anyway, naming the ram as it expects "fg_1200af.bin" inside the fg_1200af.zip seems to have it sorted.

Thanks again for all your help.

Wob

Archived