Dof Configtool for Addressable led's (WS2812b)?

Hey there,

So - in trying to avoid being a pest to y'all, I made a post/necro'd the addressable led string - I guess it makes more sense for a direct post to keep it seperate. Anyway, I have been at a complete loss trying to make sense of how to set my config in the dofconfig tool online for ports - can someone lend me a bit of help in generally what I do for configuration? I'm sure there is just some disconnect in my brain on how this works. I have an LEDWiz, and I plan to have a single left and right strip (144 led's/1 meter of WS2812b), a back matrix of approx. 6 half-meter rows of the same strips, and a separate non-addressable strip for undercab. 

Anyway, the point where I'm running into trouble is on how to set the configtool ports for my ledwiz in the config tool; if someone a bit more "in the know" could advise on what I should be doing for the addressable led's? Am I supposed to be combining toys and then using that custom for each port, or how do I set them  on the configtool, especially for the back matrix? As for the undercab, is there somewhere that explains the difference between smart, complex, and complex mx? I looked at some of the table configurations and it seems to all be the same - that's not true, right? My goal  w/ undercab is just for a glow that changes during certain events on the table, no "reactive" lighting when hitting flippers etc. 

I'm relatively tech savvy, but this seems to keep eluding me - any help would be immensely appreciated. At this point I'm even willing to toss someone a few bucks for their time if they were willing to hop on to Skype or Discord to chat through this with me as a "tutorial" - just sayin' ;)

-Truegamer25

Archived