Problem installing a sash 2.0 (2.88 fw) board into a T2 pinball

to date I have installed a number of these from sash and they have worked just great. Today I am having an issue I cant put my finger on. The display shows imagas for a certain random period then goes blank. I press the reset button and it comes back for anoter randon time then goes blank. could be 2 seconds could be 20 seconds. But once its blank its blank. The blue and greed leds on the stm freeze as well. I had this setup running for days unhooked from a pin and it never stopped displaing its screen. 

In a Williams  T2 Pin with profanity 0.6 roms (which seem to be a seperate issue) using the .pal and .ftm from malenko  Setting are bally/williams enhanced mode on. 

So i am scratching my head as to whether this is an stm / shield issue or something else. 

• Content Provider

Latest public firmware is 2.55, so 2.88 is impossible. Do you run the latest version ?

AFAIK Sash 2.0 discovery shield does not have a LS123 signal enhancer hardware installed, so this needs to be off.

What is a ftm file ? Use pal and fsq for real pins.

Sorry just took a look at the bag, 

RGB-DMD Shield rev 2.26 US - has ls123 and tried enhanced jumper on and in setup enchanced on. 

Firmware is 2.38 not 2.88

yes you are correct fsq is what I used from malenko I was writing from memory and my memory sucks. :)

• 3 weeks later...

OK so I am a little lost here.  The board has 2.38 on it. I treid using ST-link to update via usb to the latest fw, but everytime i try it says in windows it cannot find the board. eventhough windows driver sees it as pin2dmd. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Archived