Fake discovery board

Sibi

Its not realy fake. 

But its dont work on real pins. Inputs are so sensitive, most time i have garbage on display or no picture at all. With old discovery board it works with no problem. I put sheald on cable, take suply from outher source.......but no result.

This boards have all grean leds and dont have st marks. And pins are not solder.20171002_182725.thumb.jpg.24e855405dfa1b7712db8f47223b5151.jpg

20171002_182659.jpg

3.3 was about 2.6 after diode. Change diode with another shotky, than it was 3.1. But stil nothing. Than bridge diode ( diode sepaarate 3.3 from stabilisator and st link conector, that i dont use anyway) and stil nothing. When board get signal from pin led that is betwen switch start to blink only if i set mode to bally/wiliams, like it recognize signal. Also when try to record file with pin2dmd.exe, and open it in notepad all fields are 0. Any one have any idea.

Sory Sash, but im not customer for you. I like to make things by my self. Found some old pcb design, but i made shild only for my real pins, so that design is enough for my neads. And making one side pcb heare in Serbia cost me about 15 eur for 10 pcb. I put dc-dc on board (see all using them now, but no one sed thanks for idea) and switch for next shild. And thats enough for me. I dont even use sd card boards, just solder pins to sd to micro sd adapter direcktly, and use micro sd card. When you live in country where most people earn 300eur per month, you must bild from scratch.

Finaly get time to get scope in hands and compare signals on fake and real discovery board. When red led, green on fake, blinking it means signal is not good ( thank lucky for tip). In my boards signal from pin go over 220 ohm resistor to input on discovery. On fake discovery signal behind resistor is significaly lover then on real boards. Look like internal resistance of fake boards is much lower then on real. Short wireing of resistor solve problem. Thanks everyone for help.

• 2 months later...

I too have had some issues with some discovery board purchases from china.  407's

One batch had the micro USB mounted upside down ( original discovery actually had an inverted micro usb socket ) effectively reversing 5v and gnd from the host computer usb port.

Luckily my PC had a current limit on the ports.

Another batch had a much different boot loader firmware that caused similar issues to what you are experiencing. Google it and there should be a repository with an older version of the boot loader/firmware ( hardware level, works in unison with the programme firmware you load on top, aka PIN2DMD ).

In both cases I was able to get all the discovery boards working.

Why they change things batch to batch is beyond me, similar issues with the led panels RGB,GRB issues and driver timings causing pixel ghosting/bleeding.

Still worth all the hassle, my Simpson's pinball party looks awesome in glorious pin2dmd colour.

Good luck.

Archived