Pinballx DOF Config

Jodannar

HI All,

I finally got my RGB LEDs all working today through VP and B2S. I have done the setup for pinballX also, but its failing to initialize. I have created a GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml, and placed the DirectOutput PinballX Plugin.dll within the pinabllx plugins directory. Its enabled and it can detect DOF. WHen i fire it up, i just get the below generic failed to initalise plugin within the logs. Any ideas? TO me everything should be working correctly.

A long time ago, i had my solenoids firing successfully within PinballX when scrolling as a test; so i have had this working before. 

Log Contents:

17.06.12 06:30:01.662 Plugin config loaded
17.06.12 06:30:01.663 Initializing plugin
17.06.12 06:30:01.664 Loading PBX config data
17.06.12 06:30:01.677 PBX config data loaded
17.06.12 06:30:01.677 Initializing DOF
17.06.12 06:30:03.461 Init failed: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

GlobalConfig_Pinballx.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!--Global configuration for the DirectOutput framework.-->

<!--Saved by DirectOutput Version 0.9.5764.18938: 2017-06-12 18-38-41-->

-<GlobalConfig>

<LedWizDefaultMinCommandIntervalMs>1</LedWizDefaultMinCommandIntervalMs>

<LedControlMinimumEffectDurationMs>60</LedControlMinimumEffectDurationMs>

<LedControlMinimumRGBEffectDurationMs>120</LedControlMinimumRGBEffectDurationMs>

<IniFilesPath>C:\DirectOutput\config</IniFilesPath>

<ShapeDefintionFilePattern>{DllDir}\DirectOutputShapes.xml</ShapeDefintionFilePattern>

<CabinetConfigFilePattern>C:\DirectOutput\config\cabinet.xml</CabinetConfigFilePattern>

<TableConfigFilePatterns/>

<EnableLogging>false</EnableLogging>

<ClearLogOnSessionStart>false</ClearLogOnSessionStart>

<LogFilePattern>.\DirectOutput.log</LogFilePattern>

</GlobalConfig>

Anyone able to send me their GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml file to compare to mine? Does theirs match their GlobalConfig.xml file? combos etc all work fine when triggered by VP, but nothing for pinballX. Thanks in advance

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3060-is-there-a-tutorial-for-addressable-led-strips/?do=findComment&comment=34271

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2180-addressable-rgbs/?do=findComment&comment=30298

9 hours ago, Jodannar said:

Anyone able to send me their GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml file to compare to mine? Does theirs match their GlobalConfig.xml file? combos etc all work fine when triggered by VP, but nothing for pinballX. Thanks in advance

Yep. I've followed those threads, and done as suggested with the GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml file, Thanks

I'm asking here for something additional to that thread. DOF is working properly with all other apps, just not PinballX

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2017 at 5:15 AM, Jodannar said:

Yep. I've followed those threads, and done as suggested with the GlobalConfig_PinballX.xml file, Thanks

I'm asking here for something additional to that thread. DOF is working properly with all other apps, just not PinballX

I'll find mine for you, and upload soon if you need it still. 

I have the same issue and log contents. If I find a solution I will post it here..

Update: got initial DOF working (flippers. rbg leds going left to right scrolling through tables). The only real thing I did was to move the DirectOutput directory to the root of C:. Not sure yet why it didn't work when the directory was in my c:\apps directory. Will do some more testing... 

PS all config files are located in the .\config directory. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was having the same problem.... it was very frustrating as DOF was working great with everything but PinballX.  I finally managed to get it working by updating the PinballX.exe  to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3). My OS is Windows 10.

Hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

Thanks dlphin, ill give that a try. Is your global config pinballx file contents are  the same as your visual pinball global config?

Update:

Tried it, no change :(

17.10.02 05:54:29.678 Initializing plugin
17.10.02 05:54:29.680 Loading PBX config data
17.10.02 05:54:29.692 PBX config data loaded
17.10.02 05:54:29.693 Initializing DOF
17.10.02 05:54:31.473 Init failed: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Attached my plugin files

DirectOutput PinballX Plugin.dll

DirectOutput PinballX Plugin.xml

DirectOutput PinballX Plugin.zip

Does anyone have any ideas or advice on this? ive done a full DOF reinstall and have the same issues. Everything works fine in visual pinball, but pinball throws the "Init failed: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" error via the log.

:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Any help with this? its driving me nuts. ive tried everything i can think of. DirectB2S on, off, removing all config files, placing them in pinball directory, in dog directory. No DOF in pinballX with the failed to initialise error. Works flawlessly in visual pinball and DOF test 

Pinballx in admin mode and normal, dolls all unblocked... grrrrgrrrrrg

• 4 months later...

Ok i installed the new Grander Unifieder (?) DOF and still have the issue with pinball not firing dog config and still get the same issue. anyone have any ideas on this? very frustrating that its killing my feedback in pinball. Maybe ill just have to wait til pinup popper and swap front ends :P

Archived