Metallica LE

• Content Provider

I have uploaded a patch for 1.64LE version of the Metallica ROM in the download section.

Colorization work is done by J_M on pinside. This ROM is (as all the others using side-channel) is not

usable for real pinball machines. You need to contact the author about that.

V1.70 of the ROM is not working since Stern took some countermeasures against ROM patching

This patch is for V-Pins only. For real pinball machines you need to have the pinballbrowser PBM file from the author to patch it for the serial number of your machine.

You also need a serial connection from the controller to the SAM board. For V3 shields you need a cable from pinheader to SUB-D9 connector. For older shields you need a TTL converter from eBay and connect it to these pins.

B6 - USART1 TX to Max232
B7 - USART1 RX to Max232

Search for DB9 TTL on eBay 

For the macro files please contact the author

Thanks for this! Patching now... I didn't see the ROM here on VPU... and stern isn't showing it on their main site... easy enough to figure how to access the file from their CDN though...

http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/MTL164LE.BIN

If I shouldn't have posted that let me know, I can edit it out.

Edit: With no entry in vpinmame for a coloured 1.64 I just used the 1.70 Coloured spot to get this running... looks great. Really like the new LE table... can't figure out how to get the Hammer activated, will need to play it some more.

Well... if you want to spell Metallica with 2 "L's" then you might find that one... :blush:

I couldn't find that one here, thanks @sliderpoint.

Edit: I suppose the link I shared didn't require you to wait 10 seconds before the download would start though! :)

Archived