wtf ??

Thalamus

Anything I can read to shed some light to what happened back then ?

What I have understood without finding much info about it is that some members got into a heated discussion and left or got banned. After that these members obviously are trying to stay away from vpf. Not even hinting where to contact a person ... omg.

Really you did not realize no talking about other sites on VPF?  Somewhere on VPU there is the story of Dazz getting banned, i think Wildman getting banned is on here as well.  I missed the Rosove getting banned story.

Getting banned vs no references to other sites is really a different thing.  Basically VPF does not allow references to other sites especially here, or monsterbash.  I am not sure on references to vpinball as I have seen them from time to time.  I wont touch on the why this is what it is, for all i know i will get banned from vpf for typing this :D.

Okay quick site name references o VPF

VPUniverse - "The other site" or "the universe"

Vpinball.com - "Other Other site" or "randr's place"

Monsterbash - "The Italian Site" or "MB"

Rogue Pinball - " go Rogue" or "Itchies place"

Thanks. I wasn't active in this community when all of this happened. But, I quickly picked up that there was no love between VPF and VPU. Didn't know that one isn't supposed to talk about any other sites though. And when I saw he complained about even a convoluted *** reference I got really angry inside. Wrote a long post and almost pressed the submit button.

For what I've also picked up - pin2dmd is seen as a competing product of pindmdX and that is also a no-no. Hmm.

Yeah i did not want to go into detail, as I am sure there are still hard feelings about the whole thing.

In my opinion it comes down to 1 guy wanting all the power, control and all the money to be made from virtual pinball.

Sorry to any people getting their blood pressure raised :D

• Content Provider

I was just teasing. Its not really that big of a story really. Just some hard feelings that will never mend. Basically you need both sites to be complete, and we all know that.

Anyway, I'm sure Ken just stabbed his pillow a few times last night and is probably over it by now.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, jesperpark said:

Yeah i did not want to go into detail, as I am sure there are still hard feelings about the whole thing.

In my opinion it comes down to 1 guy wanting all the power, control and all the money to be made from virtual pinball.

Sorry to any people getting their blood pressure raised :D

BINGO!  He thinks that he is the authority on everything Visual Pinball/PinMAME.  He believes that he has control and say what goes on with development, etc.  Personally, I find his abuse of his community to help sell his machines to be a HUGE conflict of interest.  He doesn't like that we allow SAM emulation and blocks/sensors anyone that has conflicting opinions/views/products. Pin2DMD wasn't allowed on his site because he has interest in PinDMD3 and sells it on his site.  He doesn't believe in open competition and wants to stifle development.  I'm very glad that we have been able to support advancements in open hardware and software here on VPU.

• 1 month later...

Just saw this thread. Yes, the whole banning of talk of Pin2DMD and site references has annoyed me too. I started a Build thread there, mainly to help pay forward to all the help I got from community members on the sites I found on the internet..  It actually was Randr's video on youtube that got me interested in the whole VirtualPin thing. I know a lot of the members are on all 3 sites at least , but for sure on *that* site you can't talk about certain things.    Anyway, appreciate all the help I get form the community and I will be returning back a lot of help etc when I can. 

After nearly 2 years I just realised I can change the theme on VPUniverse to make the forums a bit more readable in the office ;-)

Noah wants us to be his plunger (which is not as good as pinscape)
Noah wants us to buy a PinDMD3 (which is not as good as Pin2DMD)

Nothing wrong with that, but other products exist.

Oh - and the Stern SAM tables can not be posted due to a 'contract' or 'agreement' between Gary Stern and visual pinball owners/table authors/sites.   Gary didn't recall this when a friend of mine asked when he was over in the US.

I think VPF should be called the 'China' site.  Due to amount of censorship.

• Administrators

A few people  have seen gary and asked about it and he just shrugged it off...he said he dont care about it cause its not real pinball was his answer...

Noah just wants total control over vp and anything related ....as you notice the sky didnt fall on us for releasing sam tables....Paul just wanted to claim the glory

of releasing them...     and we were sick of his bullshit and controlling what was done and when he felt like it....why were are here :D

I laugh about people say hes moved vp forward to greatness the truth is hes been stifling the advancement of VP for his own gain ....

Im glad there are more sites out there now gives people a variety of  choices............ all the other sites are cool...

• 2 months later...
On 2/5/2017 at 0:18 PM, Rascal said:

I was just teasing. Its not really that big of a story really. Just some hard feelings that will never mend......

So, I eventually got to this post, saw the Crusty Old Pinballer link and decided, maybe my grandmother is nasty enough, and besides, I think I was 'crusty' some years ago. When I couldn't get connected,, I tried logging in with the two passwords I would have used back then, but got nowhere, so I tried registering, likewise getting nowhere. After I don't know how many tries, suddenly I was in, but of course the Admin / Moderator took some shaking to be rendered conscious before my new account could be approved (thanks for that, by the way) --- but when I went back tonight to have a looksee, I was again 'not connected'.; nothing I clicked would take me anywhere but back to the TCOP portal, and pressing Back wouldn't get me back here to VPU.....weird, huh?

Anyway, I started over with my VPU Bookmark, searched Members, found Content, and here we are...

Saw that the fourteen (?) of you had a ball at Todd's pinbash the last two years, and it's a shame those parties are no Moore (pun intended). If anything would have induced a crusty seventy-year-old to drive out from the left coast.....

Hey, all!

Okay.....so, I pop up out of the woodwork, get people excited and then vanish for nine days; I'll never qualify for Life of the Party that way, will I? There are mitigating circumcisions, though.....

Three weeks ago, my biggest problem was clearing space in my Hoarder's Paradise so I could open my tower and install the new hard drive that will carry my 'new OS, Windows 8.1 Pro (yep;  after seven years of 'someday I'm gonna', I'm finally ready to upgrade my single-core Celeron, AGP8X, 2GB max-RAM  computer. Of course, it took some help from Firefox, the last browser to support Windows XP, promising to finally withdraw support by the end of this summer. That, plus everyone's media players / video streamers / and so forth suddenly being incompatible with XP as of some time in March or April, so if I don't upgrade I lose my ability to catch missed TV shows, and no red-blooded American misses his TV shows.....)

Along with upgrade logistics, I had noticed the efficiency of my 1964 Frigidaire Imperial Frost-proof refrigerator becoming suspect, with icecube production taking several times the normal cycle, and the floor of the freezer compartment icing up---that's not what 'Frost-proof" means, is it?  The second defrost timer in fifty-three years decided to quit, and the unit still felt cold, because the refrigeration cycle is still in shape---but the evaporator is probably caked solid with ice, blocking the flow of air which would be how the temperature is dropped. (The food compartment  gets its air from different ducting, and is still very close to normal)

So, I put off the computer upgrade so I can prioritize the 'fridge.

My laundry stuff resides in the basement, which is roughly half the size of the rear bedroom above it, and when I went down to do a load, I noticed that a crack running about shoulder-high in the back, north, wall had widened perceptibly compared to what it had been a couple of weeks prior.....a tree root got between the stairwell and the back wall, buckling the wall and widening the crack ever so slightlyDid the root cause all of this, or did it merely take advantage of an earthquake-generated crack in eighty-six year-old concrete? 

Doesn't matter; I've got most of the tree out --- now for the roots.....

I guess the computer and refrigerator are going to share the 'back seat'.

Happy Fourth, everybody!

(Hmmm.....no post preview?)

Archived