Arcooda Pinball Arcade

Dazz

• Administrators

This shit really pisses me off.  Basically Pinball Arcade sold out their Pincab support.  Arcooda is basically another cabinet builder much like VPCabs, VPin, etc.  However, what sets them apart is that they partnered with Pinball Arcade to create Pincab support for their machines only. This is basically a BIG FUCK YOU to all of us in the Virtual Pinball communities.

• Content Provider

It would be upsetting if TPA was worth putting in a cab. Since it doesn't do anything better than VP/VPM/B2S/DOF already does, this news is meh. Of course, I never spent any money with FS either.

Good enough for my iPad though if I'm traveling and really bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I own a VPCabs "Vertigo" two monitor cab and have no problem running TPA on the cab via the NoEx Camera Mod.  This is not "true" cabinet support, but it allows me to move the DMD to the small top monitor and even utilize a portion of a static back glass while providing a customized fixed camera view of the table in the main monitor.   The fact that the official Pinball Arcade Forums provides for a special section for the Camera Mod seems to indicate at least tacit support for this utility.  

And I really feel that these are very worthwhile tables when using the DX11 version of the software which provide for customized lighting to enhance the already nice graphics.  The ball physics  -- starting with Season 4 -- are also very close to Physmod5 quality.

I agree with carny they don't worth to be in a cab... TPA so far never impresse me in there support for cab users and now that they truly demonstrate there lost of interest for standard customers that use personal own made cab...then they don't deserve to count me as customer

Archived