Where to get Updated parts or semi-built parts from?

KiwiBri

Hello,

I was looking into going the Pin2Dmd route (many thanks Lucky1). - read through a ton of posts regarding licencing etc etc (agh what a mess).  I really would like to go this route and looking for ideas on where I can buy the  components, perhaps semi or partially built?  I thought there was some links to a few people that provide this service?  I did email one person but I am ....waiting..  on a reply :-(

Any help appreciated. 

btw, if I could even make a suggestion, Lucky1, maybe you could have your sheilds/boards available prebuilt for a "donation" or something. There are many of us willing to donate. A virtual pincab is a huge task, and my build process is many many months.

thanks guys. 

thanks for the summary of links. I have tried contacting a couple of these.  Awaiting replies now.  

Edit:  Update, December 2016  - I received a prebuild Pin2dmd sheild and controller, and registered the firmware. All Good. After seeing a DMD display like this, you can't really use a PC screen. The glow of a real DMD or the Pin2DMD build just "makes" it so much better.

Thanks again Lucky1, your efforts are appreciated.

Archived