Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jodannar

Dof Night Mode Configuration

Now that I have feedback working in my cabinet, there are times at which I/my wife would like the force feedback solenoids disabled. I understand this could be done via software or hardware.

Hardware- insert a switch to the power supply controlling the feedback board and solenoids

Software - alternate config files that are swapped in and out. I've only found hyper spin solutions for the latter. Is anyone doing this elegantly through pinballx nowadays? Can you share your methods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you could add a system in pbx which is a clone of another, by using symbolic links for an alternate folder, and have an ahk related to it that swaps the ini files, just an idea :)

So I would define a system in PinballX, which launches the ahk script (defined as a table in pinballx) to move and rename the dof config file?

yes, can't see a better way software wise myself

or ask tspeirs to have the feature into pbx, be able to switch ini with a button before entering a table

Or use a kl25z as a ledwiz (pinscape controller) which has the nighmode option included. It can be assigned to an hard button for fast sweep.

or ask tspeirs to have the feature into pbx, be able to switch ini with a button before entering a table

I believe this is already a feature request raised by others

I just turn off my 24v power supply

+1 to that answer, its a $5 toggle switch. 

Just did a software-approach to this in DOF. Currently using it for shutting off contactors, and adjusting Teensy brightness output to 30%. Been testing it for a few months now, check if out if you're feelin' lucky :)