Request For New Config Setting.

AndersE

I got an idea.

Old pinballs and perhaps more recent also (perhaps not the new sterns, they use DC for all coils maybe?), the flipper solenoids hum when you hold the flipper.

That is the 50/60hz AC holding the magnet.

I tested my yellow cheap ebay solenoids at ledwiz pwm level 35-48 and they hum (differently at every level) :)

But they engage normally (not below 35), so it should work great if only i could do the setting in dof config tool ;)

And ledwiz pwm is 50hz , so it is bang on the same frequency as real pins (at least in sweden).

So a pwm setting for solenoids would be great ;)

• Content Provider

you mean for the "flipper contactor" toys in the configtool?

i think with dof you can define the intensity of any toys with the cabinet.xml, have a look in the dof doc, i don't know that well myself, and report, it can be useful for others

• Content Provider

well it's easier if the option exists and i don't have to update the website, i have other things to do in the site that i couldn't find time to start on it, but the idea is to not create a functionality in the configtool if it is available in dof itself..

The solenoids can be energized a couple of minutes before they get warm. Same time for fully energized and at lower pwm rate.

I don't think anyone holds their flippers more than 10-20sec max when aiming?

Archived